Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What CRA is pulled for JCPenny?

tag
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Re: What CRA is pulled for JCPenny?

Vee and Carter,

Thanks again for your input.  I will let you know what happens in the near future. At my age, I have a tendency to take a little longer than most to decide. Smiley Very Happy 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 11 of 17
favor4me2
Regular Contributor

Hi Vee, do you know if JCP blacklist? I had a card with them over 10 years ago that I had to BK. I know that it is through GEMB, and I have since gotten a Walmart card with them.
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

Vee and Carter,

Thanks again for your input.  I will let you know what happens in the near future. At my age, I have a tendency to take a little longer than most to decide. Smiley Very Happy 

Taking your time to decide is a very GOOD thing!

Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@favor4me2 wrote:
Hi Vee, do you know if JCP blacklist? I had a card with them over 10 years ago that I had to BK. I know that it is through GEMB, and I have since gotten a Walmart card with them.

Hi favor...I've read here that GEMB does blacklist, but since you've managed to get a Walmart card with them maybe not. It doesn't make since that they would blacklist you only for the card you IIB. Maybe it's because it's fallen  off your credit report.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel GEMB views there Jc Pennys card diffrently than Wal Mart. Not to say they wont approve you.

Message 15 of 17
favor4me2
Regular Contributor

Hi Vee, yes it has fallen off my report, I was really surprised when they approved me, that was my hearts desire to get back in with GEMB since they are the bank for most of the stores. Maybe I will try for a JCP card next year. I just got the Wally world card in Jan.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the Walmart card. I would advise you to apply in store whenever you do decide to apply for the JC Penny card. I really believe that CL and rate of approval are better than an online app.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.