Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What CRA is pulled for JCPenny?

tag
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

What CRA is pulled for JCPenny?

Hello forum friends,

Can anyone tell me what CRA is pulled for JCPenny?  I am located in Ca, but I dont know if that is a factor.  Thanks

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What CRA is pulled for JCPenny?

Im in so cal as well and GEMB Jc Pennys pulled only EQ for me.
Message 2 of 17
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Im in so cal as well and GEMB Jc Pennys pulled only EQ for me.

Thanks Carter,  I was hoping it would be EX, since they are my best score at 790.  Maybe I can sneak by with a EQ of 709. 
FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

709 i think you will be ok.I went in and instant approval with a fico a few points away from yours.
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pretty sure JC Penny (GEMB) always pulls EQ.  BTW, the database I checked showed those who applied in store received MUCH better CLs than those who apped online. The only CLs at $1000 and above were in store apps. Another note.. my experience with JC Penny has been that they give frequent and generous CLIs. So, even if you choose to apply online and receive a small CL that will most likely grow quickly to a decent CL.

Mine went from $300 to $2900 in less than 2 years with very little usage.

Good luck to you!

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless they've recently tightened their requirements that 708 score should be fine. I saw scores at 615- 620 receiving $400-$500  CL These approvals were dated 5/2009.
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

My first cli at 4 months was $400
Message 7 of 17
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Vee, Carter, 

Thanks for the input.  The reason I was asking is that I am in the market for some new lounge chairs.  I happen to like the last set I got there about 15 yrs ago.  I know they will run about $1500 for the set.  I thought that I could maybe get a credit line with them, to help my mix, instead of just paying cash.  I guess I will go in and just talk to them in person.  I guess if they want to make the sale, they will have to approve me, dont you think? Smiley Wink

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
last app 2/15
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely best to apply in store and while making a purchase!   The highest opening CL I saw was $1500 on an in store app. If, by chance they don't give you the full $1500  I'd still open it and pay part of the cost  with cash or another card.
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your welcome be sure to reply back so future readers will know details.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.