Valued Contributor
Imhotrodcrazy

Re: What CRA is pulled for JCPenny?

Vee and Carter,

Thanks again for your input.  I will let you know what happens in the near future. At my age, I have a tendency to take a little longer than most to decide. :smileyvery-happy: 

FICOS
TU 805 11/3/14
EX 806 10/26/14
EQ 825 11/8/14
NASA 30K / / Amex 16.5k / / Chase Freedom 10.6k / / / / / SD'd US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k
Goal - At my age, just staying alive
Regular Contributor
favor4me2

Hi Vee, do you know if JCP blacklist? I had a card with them over 10 years ago that I had to BK. I know that it is through GEMB, and I have since gotten a Walmart card with them.
Established Contributor
VEEnVEGAS

Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

Vee and Carter,

Thanks again for your input.  I will let you know what happens in the near future. At my age, I have a tendency to take a little longer than most to decide. :smileyvery-happy: 

Taking your time to decide is a very GOOD thing!

Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

Established Contributor
VEEnVEGAS

favor4me2 wrote:
Hi Vee, do you know if JCP blacklist? I had a card with them over 10 years ago that I had to BK. I know that it is through GEMB, and I have since gotten a Walmart card with them.

Hi favor...I've read here that GEMB does blacklist, but since you've managed to get a Walmart card with them maybe not. It doesn't make since that they would blacklist you only for the card you IIB. Maybe it's because it's fallen  off your credit report.

Established Contributor
cartercorp

I feel GEMB views there Jc Pennys card diffrently than Wal Mart. Not to say they wont approve you.

Regular Contributor
favor4me2

Hi Vee, yes it has fallen off my report, I was really surprised when they approved me, that was my hearts desire to get back in with GEMB since they are the bank for most of the stores. Maybe I will try for a JCP card next year. I just got the Wally world card in Jan.

Established Contributor
VEEnVEGAS

Congratulations on the Walmart card. I would advise you to apply in store whenever you do decide to apply for the JC Penny card. I really believe that CL and rate of approval are better than an online app.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}