cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Can Be Done with A Chase Slate? (Product Changes)

tag
Griselle
New Contributor

What Can Be Done with A Chase Slate? (Product Changes)

Hey Everyone! 

So I'm trying to decide whether to keep my chase slate to product change it  or whether I should move that credit line over to my chase freedom. I guess what would help me make a decision would be if I knew what products it would be possible to change to. The credit line on it is 3k (it was opened with a 4k limit but I moved 1k over to the freedom already). It is a visa and will be on promotional APR until December of this year. I am unable to change to any other cards until the promotional APR time is over so CSR's won't tell me what products I can switch to. 

So my question is, for your former Slate cardholders, what did you change to? (Besides the freedom, I already have one of those) 

Thank you for any help!

American Express Blue Sky- 14,000 | BOA 123 Rewards- 12,000 | Chase Freedom- 7,000 | Chase Saphire Preferred- 7,000 | Best Buy Store Card- 2,400 | Discover More- 1,900

In the garden until 06/2014!!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

Re: What Can Be Done with A Chase Slate? (Product Changes)

Slate is only good for medium term financing, i.e. you need to float a balane for 12+ months. after that its a pretty useless card compared to other chase products.

worst case scenario you can move all your limit over to your freedom and apply for another chase product. signup bonuses on most chase products make it more worthwhile to apply for a new product than to PC from an existing one.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 2 of 4
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@NJTurnpike wrote:

Slate is only good for medium term financing, i.e. you need to float a balane for 12+ months. after that its a pretty useless card compared to other chase products.

worst case scenario you can move all your limit over to your freedom and apply for another chase product. signup bonuses on most chase products make it more worthwhile to apply for a new product than to PC from an existing one.

Pretty much, or hold on to it an see if you get any good BT offers after the promo has expired.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 4
Sevenfeet
Regular Contributor

The upgrade path for Slate is the Freedom card. Since you already have that, I'd hang onto it for balance transfers, should you need them in the future.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.