Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Card Should I Use

tag
staifokuzed
Regular Contributor

What Card Should I Use

Just a few hours I dropped my smart phone.  After surfing the net and eBay.  I found used (good quality) 250.00 and NIB 379.00.  I haven't decided which to buy.  But my question is which card should I use. 

Paypal Rewards MC  2x points eBay.  This card has had about 5oo charge this month and is sitting with balance of 171 ( planned to let that report then pay in full). 

Barclay rewards  0% 15 months.  This card has had 2 fuel purchases one 22.xx which ended up being statement balance (PIF).  30.XX which is still pending. 

I am only interested in Barclay for the O% and That card has only seen 50 dollars in one month.  I am a little concerned with carrying a balance on Barclay after reading this site and I do have a few new inquiries and a Victoria secret  that should report at any time. 

1. Use Paypal Rewards for points then quickly PIF? 

2.  GIve Barclay some action and take advantage of 0% and pay 2-3 months?

I had to recon to get the Barclay so I may or may not be on the radar for AA.  Original plan was to let GE report one balance 10-20% while using heavy and pay before statement cut.  Then I was going to let Barclay report what every I used it for then PIF.  But now I am torn as I would only want to use Barclay for payments as that is the only advantage and I am terrified to do so.  I froze my reports as I am not apping until most if not all inquiries are gone and accounts have aged.  AA would just kill me at this point.

Any suggestions would be helpful.  Good, Bad, Rude, any would help!

AMEX B SKY-1K AMEX PRG- NPSL USAA PLTM -6K
DISCOVER IT- 5.2K BARCLAY REWARD- 3.2K
PAYPAL REWARDS -6K VICTORIA SECRETS -1750
USAA AMEX-5.5K CITI TY PREFR 3.1K(NPSL) CHASE FREEDOM -1K
SPORTSMAN VISA- 8K AMEX ED PRFD- 8.5
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Re: What Card Should I Use

In my opinion, you can't worry about possible AA from Barclays.  If it happens, it happens.  If you need to carry at 0%, that is what you do.  If you don't need to carry and can afford to PIF, take advantage of the rewards. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@Walt_K wrote:

In my opinion, you can't worry about possible AA from Barclays.  If it happens, it happens.  If you need to carry at 0%, that is what you do.  If you don't need to carry and can afford to PIF, take advantage of the rewards. 

+1 This is a good

If you want to show Barclay some usage becaus they do give CLI after 6 months then use your Barclay

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 3 of 4
staifokuzed
Regular Contributor

Thanks PIF not a problem. I guess I shouldn't worry if Barclay will AA.  I guess at this point it is my card and I should just do as I please.  I'm not trying to max the card out just use it for what it was intended.  If they punish me for that then so be it.  I will just still stick to my original plan and they just wont be involved. 

So this is the plan then.  Phone cost 380.  Use Barclay and pay 125 for that per month.  Also continue to use card for 50/ month or so and pay that amount in full. 

So pay  125 + 50 =175.  Just trying to maintain balance and usage.

Continue to use Paypal as I was but PIF before statement cut. 

This seem like an ok plan or am I way off?

AMEX B SKY-1K AMEX PRG- NPSL USAA PLTM -6K
DISCOVER IT- 5.2K BARCLAY REWARD- 3.2K
PAYPAL REWARDS -6K VICTORIA SECRETS -1750
USAA AMEX-5.5K CITI TY PREFR 3.1K(NPSL) CHASE FREEDOM -1K
SPORTSMAN VISA- 8K AMEX ED PRFD- 8.5
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.