Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Cards Didn't Give You A 2nd Chance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What Cards Didn't Give You A 2nd Chance

What CC did you have in the past that went in BK or Collection an you tried to re apply an closed the door right in your face.

Well for me i recently applied for Target an i was told a big fat no because i filed them in my BK in the past.
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What Cards Didn't Give You A 2nd Chance

None of them.
My BK was in 02.
Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your BK was in '02 and none of your cards gave you a second chance?  Your scores seem pretty good.  Did you have any lates afterwards?  Who were some of the CCC that you took?
Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't applied for any other cards i had in the past an don't plan on doing so. In the past i did have a more Department store card an now i don't really see a big use for Department store cards just give me a Visa Or MasterCard where i can use everywhere.
Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Your BK was in '02 and none of your cards gave you a second chance?  Your scores seem pretty good.  Did you have any lates afterwards?  Who were some of the CCC that you took?

I think beenthere means that they ALL gave him a second chance, since the thread is titled "Who DIDN'T" and he said "none" ... meaning NONE of them refused to give him a second chance.

Confusing, ain't it?! I sure was until I read his post the fourth time!
Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Wonderin I was worried there for a minute that I would never have hope again.
Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

JAMMY wrote:

When I filed BK late in 2002 my credit rating was very very good; up until that point that is. I did not file until I was about to starve to death. I had 3 credit cards with BofA. They will never forgive me.
I don't think ANY credit card company is in the business of granting "second chances". I think some credit card companys that we did business with before will grant credit based strictly on formulas they have derived based on whether they think we have become credit worthy again. They may grant credit based on recent history and fico scores but I doubt any are granting credit as a matter of curtisy or "second chance". We ain't getting credit unless the finance people think there is a buck in it for them. If they don't, I doubt if they care if we choke.
Oh, about my BK. I have not had a baddie since the day I filed 6 years ago and my FICO scores all near 700 now.
Before I was educated here, I applied for a WaMu card only to find they bought Providian which were the nastiest b******s in the lending business before they bit the dust. I had a card in BK with Providian. B of A won't even talk to me about a fully secured card let alone a 99/500.

Message Edited by beenthere on 07-19-2008 12:00 PM
Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

KInd thought my friend but our other friend got it right the first time. Nobody I had credit with before will extend me credit today; regardless of my current record. I only wanted to do business with BofA so I wasted two inqiuries with them but heavy research on this forum has suggested strongly that the rest wouldn't have anything to do with me either. ALL my old cards were high prime accounts.
Anyway, with many dozens of attempts to talk with this creditors, all I got was hung-up on. 10 weeks after I filed I landed a job that paid 3 times what I was making and I could have paid off my debt. Today, I want nothing to do with most of those old cre4ditors anyway....and probably never will.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think beenthere means that they ALL gave him a second chance, since the thread is titled "Who DIDN'T" and he said "none" ... meaning NONE of them refused to give him a second chance.

Confusing, ain't it?! I sure was until I read his post the fourth time!

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, dammit, beenthere. I am so sorry!!! Hopefully you don't blame me for interpreting your post in the kindest light. I sure wish they'd all stop being buttholes to you! Smiley Mad

Personally, I've never held the higher scores against those with BKs. I don't think it's fair to. I REALLY doubt the average person (but I'll bet there's exceptions to EVERY rule, of course) WANTS to file BK. I think the average person only does it when there's no other choice.

And if this forum's taught me ANYTHING its that BKers get the worst rap and are treated the worst by CAs and creditors. Which is almost funny ... I doubt the average CA or CSR is THAT far from BK themselves. All it takes to have to file BK is a financial disaster ... and in this day and age, can even those with good savings and credit REALLY say that they're not teetering on a precipice?

Had a friend who had $60K in savings, nice home, $80K/year job, file BK about five years ago. Wife had cancer and their insurance just didn't cover it all. Add to that serious chemo out of state, his having to take time off, etc ... it really whacked their savings and WAY over-extended their credit. Add to that, because he had to take so much time off, his company realized that they didn't need him as much and let him go. Approximately 2 years after his wife was diagnosed, they HAD to file BK.

That friend's situation taught me that BK can happen to ANYONE. But the most ironic thing about it is that HE looked down his nose on people with credit problems. Needless to say, he doesn't anymore. Smiley Sad
Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem Wonderin. I've heard people on this forum bash BK people before as well. Some people are just deadbeats, I've read their post here and thought how pitiful they even ask such questions but I beleive the vast number of BKs are people who just got hung up some place left of center. I'm in what I consider pretty good shape today but I hate to think of what a simple broken arm would do to that.
I had a guy beat me to pieces here for being irresponcible for filing BK in 2002. I never bothered to tell him the while I had a good job here in the west, my father in the east was diagnosed with glocoma at the same time my mother was dying of cancer. I pulled up roots ASAP and went home only to find that the best pay I could find in the farm belt was 8.86 an hour and I still had a mortgae in the west. I choked for 10 years before I was ever late on a bill but I knew that the first late was coming up and that there was no way out of the snow ball. I filed owing very little in retrospect. I also filed not knowing that I could have called the credit card companies and asked to have my interest rates lowered from 19% to 9%. In the end I paid the cheating bastards WAY more interest then they lost in principle. BK ended up being the best thing that ever happened to me and funny thing is, I nenver cost John Public a dime AND I never needed credit again until my credit was already fixing itself again. LOL.
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.