Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Cards Didn't Give You A 2nd Chance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What Cards Didn't Give You A 2nd Chance

Beenthere wrote:
No problem Wonderin. I've heard people on this forum bash BK people before as well. Some people are just deadbeats, I've read their post here and thought how pitiful they even ask such questions but I beleive the vast number of BKs are people who just got hung up some place left of center.

People don't really have the nerve to talk no one is perfect an from my understanding BK's can happen to the rich an pore so no one has the right to down talk you cause they have good credit. It's a plastic card it don't make or break if you had it before you can have it again man keep your head up.
Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also what goes around comes around people have to be careful how they down talk others cause BK can happen to any of us.
Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are absolutely correct but I really could care less what people say to jack up their own egos. Life is good.

mjbfan79 wrote:

Beenthere wrote:
No problem Wonderin. I've heard people on this forum bash BK people before as well. Some people are just deadbeats, I've read their post here and thought how pitiful they even ask such questions but I beleive the vast number of BKs are people who just got hung up some place left of center.

People don't really have the nerve to talk no one is perfect an from my understanding BK's can happen to the rich an pore so no one has the right to down talk you cause they have good credit. It's a plastic card it don't make or break if you had it before you can have it again man keep your head up.

Message 13 of 24
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I understand normal people can file BK, not just deadbeats. Hell, Donald Trump had to do it a couple of times.
Here we go again...
Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Beenthere wrote
You are absolutely correct but I really could care less what people say to jack up their own egos. Life is good.

This forum is very educational but in a way it's turning me into something could have cared less about 6 months ago an that's a CC. Before i filed BK i had d.... near 10 CC thought i was on top of the world but the thing is it's not your money it's the bank money an if you can't pay it back your in some big trouble. I will not let myself get back in that predicament. Use credit very wisely if you can't pay it back at the end of the month then you can afford it an you don't need it. Credit cards can be a big trap if you let it.
Message 15 of 24
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Beenthere wrote

This forum is very educational but in a way it's turning me into something could have cared less about 6 months ago an that's a CC. Before i filed BK i had d.... near 10 CC thought i was on top of the world but the thing is it's not your money it's the bank money an if you can't pay it back your in some big trouble. I will not let myself get back in that predicament. Use credit very wisely if you can't pay it back at the end of the month then you can afford it an you don't need it. Credit cards can be a big trap if you let it.

Exactly. I'm constantly reminding close friends and some family that while you can certainly accumulate free money with CCs, once you have a balance that is DEBT.

It took me a while to learn that. Back when I was in college I regarded CCs are free money. 13 CAs, 2 COs, 1 judgment, and 7 years later I know better now.
Here we go again...
Message 16 of 24
Math_Rocks
Established Contributor

beenthere & all, I just wanna say amen!

We filed BK in 2001. I'd say it was 50% financial mistakes and 50% circumstances. (We used every bit of savings to get out from under a house we were upside down on and THEN DH lost his job and was unemployed for months.) It was truly the most difficult thing we ever did, and if we hadn't had a child to look after, we probably would have lived on the streets first. It took a long time for me to forgive myself and I think the best response is to learn from it, don't judge others and do your best to not have it happen again.

Now I want to add something since I know many of you, if you've read my other posts, know that we once again have high revolving debt. I don't owe anybody an explanation but sometimes it helps those prone to judgment to take a pause.

While I was finishing graduate school and making very little money, my sister and then my mother were diagnosed with cancer. Their battles were back-to-back and I flew back and forth so many times I cannot count. Sometimes friends had miles for me to use and sometimes we just charged the expenses. I don't like how high our balances are but knowing that a lot of it meant getting to be with my family during difficult times and to see them one more time this side of heaven, I don't regret it. Moving again and not being able to sell for a good price made the situation worse but we are now settled and I have a very stable job and fantastic benefits. I believe we are now moving the right direction and will be CC debt free in 4 years, maybe sooner if I can keep those balances at the lowest possible rates. Which is why I keep coming back here: to share what I know and to benefit from others' experience.

God bless!
Filed Chapter 13 April 2012. Case successfully closed May 2017, about 1 month after 60th payment. FAKO scores on close date: TU 695 EQ 697. Received discharge July 11th - took forever! Real EX day of discharge 624.
Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand CCC aren't out to give you a second chance, but we all know some CCC never look at you again and some are willing to.

I am not proud to be filing BK.  I wish and pray everyday that I can find a way to pay my bills.  There is nothing more I want to do.  When we filed CH 13 my daughter was born with RSV.  She was hospitalized a lot in a short amount of time.  There was really no way around it.  This time I lost my business to an untrusting partner, I am back in school trying to get an education for a new career, the housing market that my husband works in is not in good shape right now, and we need to save our house.  The house is more important to me than any piece of plastic I have. 

I don't think we will ever be able to start over again.  The first time we went we took the good cards like Chase, MBNA, FIrst USA, BOA.  These cards wont look at us again probably till the next BK is gone.  We had and AMEX, Discover, Capone, that somehow survived the BK.  We will be taking these now along with Juniper, HSBC, Merrick.  I am not even saying anyone should give us a second chance.  I am saying I didn't want this to happen.  I am not proud of what is going on.  I just don't know how I go on to rebuild my credit after this when there is no where to go.  People can say what they want about people that file BK, but the reality is in these economic times more and more people have no choice.  Most people on this board are very supportive.  Many of you know where I am coming from.  I know things will be better when I am out of school and we get back on our feet.  I just hope the day comes soon.  Good luck to everyone.
Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

There's life after Bk JAMMY an remember these cards don't make you. You was born in this world without them an you will leave her without them.
Message 19 of 24
Uniqua
Established Contributor

I have not tried to get new credit with any of the CCCs I included in my BK (BofA, Discover, WFNNB, Household Bank, Macy's, GEMB and Chase (auto)). I have eyed Discover and BofA, but I doubt they'd give me a second look.

When my baby suffered a stroke/brain bleed, I notified Chase of it and told them that I'd be making 1/2 payments on my auto loan until I could return to work full time. I was about 8 months shy of paying off that loan. The CSR told me, "We don't care about your son and we don't care about you. All we want is our money!" My response was, "God have mercy on your soul." She replied, "I don't want to hear no sermon from you, either give us our money or we're coming for that car." Needless to say, when all was said and done, I kept my car and it is mine, in my name and in my possession. I vowed I'd never do business with Chase again. I could not believe the disrespect they showed me.

Not sure if Chase Manhattan Bank is the same division as Chase the consumer and commercial banking division, or if they keep the same records, but I am getting offers from them now. I don't care if they are forgiving, it would take a lot for me to even THINK about app'ing with them for anything. Not even the Chase Freedom Card!
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.