cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Cards Do You have and never used?

tag
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: What Cards Do You have and never used?

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

Besides for putting occasional charges, I don't use my Discover It card as much as I used to. No matter how much spending I put on that card, it remains stuck at a dumb toy limit which is one reason why I'm thinking about going for the Freedom again next year. Every card I've had I've used at some point though. I'm starting to use my Barclay card less and less too now that I have the Chase AARP.

Same here.

I also must have been included with those that got put in their low low scorecard group of mailed out preapprovals last year. Stuck at 1400 for 16 months now with a ridiculous 22.99 APR and several turn downs for CLI without a HP which i AM NOT willing to have them waste like Crap1. In fact Discover & Crap BuyPower baby limit 600 are on the chopping block the final week of December and good riddance to them both. Smiley Mad 

How much have you used the Discover $1.4k? Has the open amount gone over $1k at any point in time? On any one printed statement? Just checking for perspective on actual use vs CLI offers.

Thanks

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 21 of 30
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

Besides for putting occasional charges, I don't use my Discover It card as much as I used to. No matter how much spending I put on that card, it remains stuck at a dumb toy limit which is one reason why I'm thinking about going for the Freedom again next year. Every card I've had I've used at some point though. I'm starting to use my Barclay card less and less too now that I have the Chase AARP.

Same here.

I also must have been included with those that got put in their low low scorecard group of mailed out preapprovals last year. Stuck at 1400 for 16 months now with a ridiculous 22.99 APR and several turn downs for CLI without a HP which i AM NOT willing to have them waste like Crap1. In fact Discover & Crap BuyPower baby limit 600 are on the chopping block the final week of December and good riddance to them both. Smiley Mad 

How much have you used the Discover $1.4k? Has the open amount gone over $1k at any point in time? On any one printed statement? Just checking for perspective on actual use vs CLI offers.

Thanks

No rhyme or reason to their neglect except perhaps the much better credit and limits then they're willing to stomach in comparison. And yes been thru the common routines of PIF, roll a balance, etc. And no i never tempt fate by running up to near max on any cards. If responsible credit useage with baby limits is not good enough for them, so be it.

Message 22 of 30
NRB525
Super Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

Same here.

Thanks

No rhyme or reason to their neglect except perhaps the much better credit and limits then they're willing to stomach in comparison. And yes been thru the common routines of PIF, roll a balance, etc. And no i never tempt fate by running up to near max on any cards. If responsible credit useage with baby limits is not good enough for them, so be it.

What was your highest open amount? Still looking for a number in relation to $1.4k Smiley Happy

May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
Message 23 of 30
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

Same here.

Thanks

What was your highest open amount? Still looking for a number in relation to $1.4k Smiley Happy

It doesn't even matter anymore but the highest i ever let report with Disco was $540 of $1400 then PIF, if that can be of use to anyone

Message 24 of 30
NRB525
Super Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

Same here.

Thanks

It doesn't even matter anymore but the highest i ever let report with Disco was $540 of $1400 then PIF, if that can be of use to anyone

Thanks for the clarification.

If it were me, and I wanted a Discover baby limit to be expanded? I'd have that card at well over $1k and likely to $1,300 at least once, probably over $1,000 twice, and then see what happens with the CLI. PIF is fine, pay it over two monthly payments is fine, but by $1,300 I mean the printed statement has $1,300 on it out of an available limit of $1,400.

YMMV, but if you never show a need for a higher limit, not much motivation for the bank to grant a CLI, IMO.

Good luck!

Message 25 of 30
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

Same here.

Thanks

If it were me, and I wanted a Discover baby limit to be expanded? I'd have that card at well over $1k and likely to $1,300 at least once, probably over $1,000 twice, and then see what happens with the CLI. PIF is fine, pay it over two monthly payments is fine, but by $1,300 I mean the printed statement has $1,300 on it out of an available limit of $1,400.

YMMV, but if you never show a need for a higher limit, not much motivation for the bank to grant a CLI, IMO.

Good luck!

Since i already have the Chase Freedom Card for 5% rotating categories as well as a non-stop 5% Sam's Club fuel CB, the way i see it is Discover has nothing beneficial whatsover to offer anymore since they decided to sit on any CLI for so long dragging their feet and nagging why, while other lenders so much newer then them have been regularly advancing with more comfortable limits, much sooner, and overtaking them with ease Smiley Wink  Hence will be glad ridding the profile of them and Crap1 for good.

Message 26 of 30
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

Chase Slate; have owned it for 6 years and used once, just recently, to see if still functioned.

Message 27 of 30
NRB525
Super Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

Same here.

Thanks

Good luck!

Since i already have the Chase Freedom Card for 5% rotating categories as well as a non-stop 5% Sam's Club fuel CB, the way i see it is Discover has nothing beneficial whatsover to offer anymore since they decided to sit on any CLI for so long dragging their feet and nagging why, while other lenders so much newer then them have been regularly advancing with more comfortable limits, much sooner, and overtaking them with ease Smiley Wink  Hence will be glad ridding the profile of them and Crap1 for good.

Your Discover doesn't also have 5% categories? Mine does, along with other variations of promo.

Oh well, everyone has to make a choice about which cards they really want, and this gets to the main reason for having any card at all: You decide whether you have a use for it or not.

I'll leave the comments with one, I think that it is likely you could get a CLI, but there are other cards that you prefer to use, so it hasn't been a requirement to get the Discover limit increased. And that is perfectly fine. Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 30
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

Same here.

Thanks

Good luck!

Your Discover doesn't also have 5% categories? Mine does, along with other variations of promo.

Oh well, everyone has to make a choice about which cards they really want, and this gets to the main reason for having any card at all: You decide whether you have a use for it or not.

I'll leave the comments with one, I think that it is likely you could get a CLI, but there are other cards that you prefer to use, so it hasn't been a requirement to get the Discover limit increased. And that is perfectly fine. Smiley Happy

Good point! And therein is the EXACT reason. Most cardholders prefer to use cards from lenders who don't deliberately try to hold them back from expanding or try to saddle them down with an insane high APR to boot. Most QUALITY lenders reviews accounts and exercise efforts to COMPETE! Smiley Wink

Message 29 of 30
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

My worthless card is the Chase Sapphire Preferred, $11,900 limit. I'll be cancelling it as planned before the annual fee is due. 

I've used it occasionally so it its not completely obvious that I never intended to use the card. But with Freedom having Amazon as a 5% category this quarter, I put my Black Friday expenses on that card. I may 'complain' about the changes in the CSP card benefits when I close the card Smiley Wink But $400 signup bonus and being able to transfer most of not all of $11,900 limit to my Freedom were the reasons I obtained the card.

If Chase was to close down both cards, it wouldn't be that big of a deal to me.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.