Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What???? Chase Southwest Card

tag
bribro
Valued Contributor

Re: What???? Chase Southwest Card

Subscribed for more info. Smiley Happy I have no intentions of applying for this credit card, but for 100k points I will.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 11 of 23
skoop
New Contributor

Well, mystery solved, unfortunately.  I called and got someone with a brain!

The offer was 10,000 points, not 100,000 points.  That was not what I wanted to hear, but figured it was something like that.  I did tell them that the app I applied for was more than that, and he said he would attempt to get it increased to 25,000.  Yea, you better, otherwise, 15.24 % and a $69 dollor annual fee, makes this card not look so great.

Anybody out there know of a travel card with better terms?  But, I am not sure I need to app for anything else at this point.  Should I decline this card, or is it too late?  How would that effect my score?  Thanks, all for the help with this.

Message 12 of 23
bribro
Valued Contributor

@skoop wrote:

Well, mystery solved, unfortunately.  I called and got someone with a brain!

The offer was 10,000 points, not 100,000 points.  That was not what I wanted to hear, but figured it was something like that.  I did tell them that the app I applied for was more than that, and he said he would attempt to get it increased to 25,000.  Yea, you better, otherwise, 15.24 % and a $69 dollor annual fee, makes this card not look so great.

Anybody out there know of a travel card with better terms?  But, I am not sure I need to app for anything else at this point.  Should I decline this card, or is it too late?  How would that effect my score?  Thanks, all for the help with this.

Ahh, sorry to hear that. As fas as a travel card with better terms, perhaps CSP? With their points transfer program, it's equivalent to a Southwest card with a 40k points sign-up bonus. $95 AF, waived first year.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

whoa WHOA WHOA...dont you dare settle for 25k points, the offer on their website clearly said 50k points PERIOD. Like I said in my previous posts they tried to give me the 10k pts and the $100 credit and it took 2 phone calls and demanding something in writing before they agreed to give me the full 50k RR points....get yours!!!!!

Message 14 of 23
lanc
Regular Contributor

It looks like the original 50k offer has expired and they are offering just 25k.  Usually about twice a year they will offer 50k again.  I would take a screenshot of the 25k bonus page http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/southwest/microsite and send it to secure message saying this is what you signed up for.  They'll adjust it.  Also, they give you 3k points every year which equates to $50 in anytime flights so if fly SW you could say the AF is <20 bucks.

Message 15 of 23
skoop
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

whoa WHOA WHOA...dont you dare settle for 25k points, the offer on their website clearly said 50k points PERIOD. Like I said in my previous posts they tried to give me the 10k pts and the $100 credit and it took 2 phone calls and demanding something in writing before they agreed to give me the full 50k RR points....get yours!!!!!

But my concern is, i am not sure what the offer was.  I should have read more closely but I do think it was 25,000. Gees, now I don't know what to do.  I didn't get an email or anything with my offer clearly stated.  I think that it does say currently on their web site that it is 25,000 but I will research it further, and thanks for your help.  I'll be back!

Message 16 of 23
skoop
New Contributor

@lanc wrote:

It looks like the original 50k offer has expired and they are offering just 25k.  Usually about twice a year they will offer 50k again.  I would take a screenshot of the 25k bonus page http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/southwest/microsite and send it to secure message saying this is what you signed up for.  They'll adjust it.  Also, they give you 3k points every year which equates to $50 in anytime flights so if fly SW you could say the AF is <20 bucks.

I do I should have read all the posts and I would have saved myself some typing, lol.  I did think it was 25,000.  And that is what I had better get, ya know!  I will do the screenshot as you say, and then try to figure out how to send a secure message, lol.  Thanks once again to all the great folks on here.
Message 17 of 23
skoop
New Contributor

@lanc wrote:

So, can you tell me how to send a secure message that you are speaking of? I did the screenshot and now would like to send it on it's way.
Message 18 of 23
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

I wouldn't app for the 25k offer either.

I'm hoping by the time I'm in a position to app for their card, their next 50k offer will be available.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 19 of 23
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:

I wouldn't app for the 25k offer either.

I'm hoping by the time I'm in a position to app for their card, their next 50k offer will be available.

Just as a side note, you can always find affiliate links for the 50k offer by searching google even if it's not offered on the direct application page.  The aff links are legit so long as the official page that you clickthrough to says 50k.  That's how I got my points Smiley Happy

(Unfortunately I wasn't smart enough to google deals for my Discover when I signed up, so I didn't get any bonus there lol - the SW bonus makes up for it though!)

Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.