Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Counts as Internal Limit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What Counts as Internal Limit?

Basically I'm wondering if business credit limits count towards your internal limit with Chase? I have a modest income (23K), but would like to get the CSP in a few months. From my research it seems that Chase usually has an internal total credit limit on all cards at around half your income. With my current personal cards I should be good with a CSP. If they include my business credit in their calculation, I may be over. It also seems you can't transfer credit limits between business and personal cards which makes me think business cards don't count towards the limit, but that's just a guess.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What Counts as Internal Limit?

@Anonymous wrote:
Basically I'm wondering if business credit limits count towards your internal limit with Chase? I have a modest income (23K), but would like to get the CSP in a few months. From my research it seems that Chase usually has an internal total credit limit on all cards at around half your income. With my current personal cards I should be good with a CSP. If they include my business credit in their calculation, I may be over. It also seems you can't transfer credit limits between business and personal cards which makes me think business cards don't count towards the limit, but that's just a guess.

Both business and personal credit cards count towards any limit.  That is true for most, if not all, of the creditors that issue small business credit cards.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Both business and personal credit cards count towards any limit.  That is true for most, if not all, of the creditors that issue small business credit cards.

Thank you. That leads me to my next question. If denied for this reason, since I can't move limits from business to personal, what can I do to get approved? Could I offer to lower my limit on my business and see if that'll work? I know I'm getting way ahead of myself, but just curiouis. 

Message 3 of 4
driftless
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you. That leads me to my next question. If denied for this reason, since I can't move limits from business to personal, what can I do to get approved? Could I offer to lower my limit on my business and see if that'll work? I know I'm getting way ahead of myself, but just curiouis. 

Don't overthink, just apply for the card that you want most first.  Those questions can be asked if you need to recon.  Once you have the card(s) you can always re-allocate then or request a HP CLI.   

CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.