cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Credit Card Do You Use When You're On a Date!?

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: What Credit Card Do You Use When You're On a Date!?

@LionLaw wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

LOL it's funny b/c I actually dropped my credit card on the floor once...my CapOne card which happens to be black and the guy thought I had a Centurion card from Amex...I think he thought I was loaded because there was this LOOK. Ahaha. Like whoa buddy calm down...my limit's ONLY $750. LOL!

It's funny you mention that... I got a Citi Diamond Preferred a few months back.  It's by no means the greatest card in the world, but it's black with a little holographic lettering, so it LOOKS like it's on par with the Centurion.  I always use it when I'm out with single ladies (on a date or otherwise), and a lot of the time I catch them doing a double take. 

LMAOOO yea people DO look b/c they want to see what you have! I think its common human nature. A lot of women get turned off by a man using his debt card...it's actually sexier to me! No debt! LOL!!

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 51 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're really trying to impress, I would think whipping out a wad of cash would be the way to go.  Short of an Amex Centurion or JP Palladium, I can't really see why a credit card would be that impressive.  Though I guess there are a few cards that could be a bad sign, like Credit One or First Premier.

Message 52 of 82
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

The ING Debit card looks really cool too... Obviously, its not a credit card BUT all the information such as name, card number and exp date are all on the back of the card... Girls usually look at it like "0o0o0o pretttttyyy" hahahaha

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 53 of 82
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you're really trying to impress, I would think whipping out a wad of cash would be the way to go.  Short of an Amex Centurion or JP Palladium, I can't really see why a credit card would be that impressive.  Though I guess there are a few cards that could be a bad sign, like Credit One or First Premier.

That...or pulling out your Kimora Simmon's Rush card...lol

Message 54 of 82
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

OR ive seen people pull out like 3 gift cards and ask the waiter or waitress "can you split the bill up between these 3 cards?" and then they get the look of death from the water haha

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 55 of 82
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@Tommy5746 wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

OR ive seen people pull out like 3 gift cards and ask the waiter or waitress "can you split the bill up between these 3 cards?" and then they get the look of death from the water haha

AHAHAH I'll combine gift cards in a minute but I've never asked for them to be split between a bill. Smh. You never have enough left on it after using them so you gotta combine them!

Message 56 of 82
lithium78
Established Contributor

If you are dating someone other than a gold digger, it probably mostly doesn't matter which card you use.  If you are dating a gold digger, run away fast; You deserve better.  The cards I would avoid on a date would be Hooters, Orchard, Credit One, Household Bank, First Premier, and Walmart.  The average person doesn't know that the Best Buy card is sub-prime, so you'd probably be safe with that.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 57 of 82
jumpinjax
New Contributor

@Tommy5746 wrote:

Ok guys, when you take a girl out on a date, what credit card do you like to pull out when you pay.....ya know, to show off a little bit ;P

Do you pull out the Amex? Flash around a little bit of the Discover? Or when the date goes south do you pull out the capital one secured card and call it a night haha..

I found that if you pull out a wad of cash, your date goes bonkers.  lol.  But seriously, it doesn't matter, I'd even use Orchard...perish the thought though.

Message 58 of 82
bribro
Valued Contributor

I take out my Palladium (or as my friend calls it, getlaidium) card and "accidentally" drop it on the table from a height of about 6 inches to get the ideal "clink" sound. Then I'll take it back and use whatever card gives me the most points.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 59 of 82
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@lithium78 wrote:

If you are dating someone other than a gold digger, it probably mostly doesn't matter which card you use.  If you are dating a gold digger, run away fast; You deserve better.  The cards I would avoid on a date would be Hooters, Orchard, Credit One, Household Bank, First Premier, and Walmart.  The average person doesn't know that the Best Buy card is sub-prime, so you'd probably be safe with that.

Don't be labeled as a geek, skip on the BestBuy card Smiley Happy

We're talking third or fourth impression anyway by the time we're talking about a credit card so I suspect it's far less important than things such as hygeine, dress, table manners, conversational ability, etc. ad naseum heh.

Plus most folks wouldn't recognize CreditOne / FP anyway, heck Credit One is a black card from the promo offers they keep sending me, maybe it'd be misthought to be a Centurion! Cat Tongue

        
Message 60 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.