Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Credit Card should Apply ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What Credit Card should Apply ?

Hi

I am asking this for my friend, which Credit Cards can she apply to get approved for maximum limit

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

Her Profile is as follows

TU: 725 EX:730 EQ:732

Salary: $50k

Accounts: Discover It for Students with $1500 Limit Reported, and $500 increase, (did CLI after statement close)

4 REPLIES 4
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: What Credit Card should Apply ?

Any other things on her CR of note? No negatives or anything else like that? Also, what is she looking for as far as what she's looking for in her cards like MR/UR, cash back, low interest, travel perks, etc.?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently, she is looking for High limit credit card, preferably with 0% Intro APR

She does not have any negative mark on her report so far

Not even any additional inquiry

Message 3 of 5
python0704
New Contributor

I think one possible situation is her staring limit won't be as "high" as she expected regardless which card she applies. I would suggest cards that can do CLI online with SP, examples are cards from Citi(6 months), discover(90 days). Chase required calling with HP. BOA also says HP online. Overtime her CL would be higher enough. As for 0%APR, there are plenty of cards out there.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Currently, she is looking for High limit credit card, preferably with 0% Intro APR

She does not have any negative mark on her report so far

Not even any additional inquiry

I think your friend is going to have a problem getting a high limit card with only $2000 in total revolving credit. High limits generally come over time. However, its good to note that most Visa Signature cards start at $5k and Visa Infinite at $10k limits (although, again, I think she'll have a hard time scoring an infinite tier card). But, her scores are pretty solid for such a thin file. AMEX generally likes thin files, so any of AMEX's cards would likely work for her. If she is interested in getting the "Chase trifecta" (Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, and CSP/CSR) at some point, its best to do it now rather than later (due to 5/24). 

Overall, I'd recommend getting a card that fits your friend's spending habits as well as rewards preference (generally, cash back vs points for travel) over trying to find the card that will give the largest starting limit. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.