Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Credit Card to get?!?

tag
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

What Credit Card to get?!?

My FICO score was 548 last month but I fixed a lot of the negatives and now my FICO score is 652, what credit card would you guys recommend? My Goal is to reach a FICO score of 730

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
rebuildingmission2013
Contributor

Re: What Credit Card to get?!?

Capital 1 is a good start

Message 2 of 16
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Approximately what is your income level? Are you a student? How old are each of your existing credit lines?

And why is your FICO already so low?

PS: and read my credit journey below. One secured credit card for just shy of one year got me to 732 from no credit. Just using less than 10% a month and showing that I would pay in full each month. But, there are other ways to do it. Secured card is probably the traditional method though. If you have available cash to spare.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 3 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum!

If you do not mind sharing your credit profile, I'm sure we'll be happy to give you great advice!

Current cc's?
Number of inq's?
FICO/FAKO.
Baddies?
AAOA?
Are you a member of a CU?
Who do you bank with?
Message 4 of 16
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

The only CC I have currently is a Capital One VISA Platinum with CL of $300.

My annual salary is $80,000, I am 28 years old, I use to have tons of CC when I was 19 and I stopped paying them that is why my score is so low.

FICO SCORE IS 652 (EQ).

Number of inquiries is 4.

Message 5 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 6 of 16
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

One judgement and one collection account that is "Paid, Closed" but I'm not sure why different credit reporting agencies keep them on there and others remove them entirely. Equifax removed them completely but TransUnion and Experian still show them as negative but they are "Paid, Closed"

Message 7 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 8 of 16
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

Dates for what? The Judgement is still on there, I'm paying it offer, it will be done in two months. The collection that is Paid, Closed is student loans which I am paying off as we speak. Dates on those are 04/07/2013, status updates I guess?

Message 9 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

When was the judgment entered on your CR's? How long has it been since you paid the CA? Creditors will not just look at your CS but also delinquencies paid or not if they are older or recent is important to know to give you the best answer.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.