Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Credit Cards would I qualify for?

tag
Superman85
Regular Contributor

What Credit Cards would I qualify for?

I’m currently trying to add one more CC to my credit report. I already have a WF secured CC which I’ve had for almost a month but I want to have at least have 2 cards before I start gardening. My current scores are 584 TU, 598 EQ, and 623 EX. I think Capital one runs your Experian report so I’m thinking I might have a chance at an unsecured CC with them if not a secured with a small deposit. I’d love some feedback!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: What Credit Cards would I qualify for?

@Superman85 wrote:

I’m currently trying to add one more CC to my credit report. I already have a WF secured CC which I’ve had for almost a month but I want to have at least have 2 cards before I start gardening. My current scores are 584 TU, 598 EQ, and 623 EX. I think Capital one runs your Experian report so I’m thinking I might have a chance at an unsecured CC with them if not a secured with a small deposit. I’d love some feedback!

Just based off your scored Capital one might not accept you or maybe will ... they do pull all 3 reports 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 2 of 7
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Superman85 wrote:

Just based off your scored Capital one might not accept you or maybe will ... they do pull all 3 reports 

Agreed. Your scores are quite low and may arise issues. Do you mind sharing a bit more background about your credit report and financial profile? 

AAOA, income, baddies, utilization, inquiries etc. 

Message 3 of 7
Superman85
Regular Contributor

Sure I’ll share….

WF has not reported my utilization yet, but I’m keeping it at 9%. I have 2 collections on my report from 2011 showing on all 3 CRA, a 2011 CO from an energy provider on my TU report only, a 30 day and 60 day late payment on an installment plan loan from 2013. I do however have 2 other installment loans in good standing and a car loan with a clean history for 6 years that is about to be paid off in August.

Message 4 of 7
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@Superman85 wrote:

Sure I’ll share….

WF has not reported my utilization yet, but I’m keeping it at 9%. I have 2 collections on my report from 2011 showing on all 3 CRA, a 2011 CO from an energy provider on my TU report only, a 30 day and 60 day late payment on an installment plan loan from 2013. I do however have 2 other installment loans in good standing and a car loan with a clean history for 6 years that is about to be paid off in August.

The two collections, what is the status on those? Are you thinking of settling that? 

I started with a WF secured credit card, and a Capital One secured credit card in 2012. I also had a student loan reporting in 2011 that started my journey. The secured CC's do help out, but your baddies overshadow the help that the secured CC's provide. That should definitely be your first step. Trying to get those baddies settled. 

Message 5 of 7
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Superman85 wrote:

Sure I’ll share….

After looking at that list, I honestly think you need to drop in on the "rebuilding" section before coming to the regular CC section.

The 2 collections...

1...are they paid off?

2....who are they with?

3....do your reports show the original creditors and a collection agency?

The installment lates...what are the dates on those late payments?  Is that account paid off?

You might have a chance with GW letters regarding these baddies.  I learned here years ago...repair....then rebuild.  You'd have a much better chance getting nicer cards if you can get your reports cleaned up a little.

Believe me....been there!  I had 13 baddies & 2 good years ago.  Then I cam here & read a ton & asked even more.  These wonderful folks got me into the 700+'s Smiley Happy

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 7
Superman85
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the advice bungalow. I've already gotten 9 baddies removed in the last 5 months. These are the lat baddies I have and I was just wanting to see if I'd qualify for a bottom level unsecured or secured card from capital one. I understand I still have a ways to go in the rebuild process.

The collections are not paid off, I currently am waiting response from DV letters I sent them a few weeks ago. They are from a broken lease and one is medical. The charge off is under dispute as well with TU for incorrect reporting.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.