cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Credit Score is needed for Macy's Card?

tag
MichiganMommy
Frequent Contributor

What Credit Score is needed for Macy's Card?

Does anyone know what score is needed for initial Macy's card and what CR they pull?
Updates scores...inching along. Waiting for 7 recent medical collections to fall off!! (seriously working since END of May): EX 519 TU 576 EQ 449
8-02-08 EX 644 TU 647 EQ 575...650s here I come....700club, get ready!!!
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
nicemann
Established Contributor

Re: What Credit Score is needed for Macy's Card?

MichiganMommy wrote:
Does anyone know what score is needed for initial Macy's card and what CR they pull?

Check out http://www.whogavemecredit.com/index.php  Macy's has a lot of replies with scores and CRs they pull
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recall people from the forums getting the card with low 600s, 620-630 if they have no recent baddies or unpaid collections.

Goodluck!
Message 3 of 21
tray
Valued Contributor

Hi, I just received a macy's store card last month I live out in MA in which they pulled EX, and I believe they mostly pull from that cra, my fico score was 684/ fako score vantage 640 and unfortunately I still have quite a few baddies and 1 unpaid collection on my report with EX and still recieved the card.  They gave me $200.00 cl but with macy's they give cli' s plus they have a visa account as well.  I app'd in the store, and that is what i recommened for you, i feel there is a better chance for the card if you have blemish credit.  Good Luck

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my Macy's card (with a $100 limit) when I didn't have ANY credit score - although I know that doesn't really help answer as to what the minimum score they'd want would be, I do know that they will approve people who don't even have a credit score or any sort of credit file for them to check.

I know I didn't have a credit file, as I'd only moved to the US on the Saturday, and went into Macy's on the following Monday about 20 minutes after opening a checking account, to buy some kitchen stuff. Wouldn't have dreamed of trying to get a card, but the sales assistant seemed convinced I would get one. I didn't have a social security number at that point, even - she said that didn't matter!

This is just what I've heard, rather than 'fact', but I think applying instore when making a purchase has a higher chance of getting accepted than just applying online - you might get accepted for a very low limit at first, but Macy's are very good with credit line increases. You can ask them to increase your limit every 90 days - I didn't find that out until I'd had my card for 6 months, but have called every 3 months since then and now have a $1400 limit.
Message 5 of 21
Kartel34
Regular Contributor

Macys was my first Dept store card. At that time I had 3 baddies and my scores were in the high 5'S. They started me out with a 300 CL. Now I'm up to 1000. Always made small purchases ( I have plenty of socks for the next 5 years Smiley Very Happy). Most important I paid in full.

Hope that helps.
Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

They pulled EX for me with a score of 666 (--nice) and I got $600 store card / $2000 VISA.
Message 7 of 21
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

I think all that is required is a pulse to get a $100 CL from the online application.(lol)  If you apply at the store yopu'll probably get a higher CL. 
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

They usually give out 100 online because they view it as a higher risk of identity theft. If you call in and provide more info they usually raise it up to between 300-1000.
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thannks for info.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.