Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Did I Do? FPB

tag
KayMD
Valued Member

What Did I Do? FPB

Call to cancel FPB today and they gave me a credit limit to prevent me from closing, I've had the card since I was 18 and in the last three years this card has gotten me all the cards I have today. What did I do? I really don't see FPB as a bad company has everyone says they are.

From $200 to $400.

American Express Zync Card: $595.00 Balance Due this month.

Capital One: $495/$500

Capital One: $0/$300

Wells Fargo: $288/$700

FPB $0/$400 

Credit One:$0/$500

Discover: $100/$500 .

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: What Did I Do? FPB

Every card has its job, every job has its card. 

When you needed FPB it was a great card, just like with a sledge hammer it can do its job and is noisey and can do lots of damage but when you are starting out its what you need. When you are done with that stage you move on and use other tools to complete the job. 

Most people's problem with FPB is the fact they nail you with a high AF, high APR, and other fee's.  If you can handle all that keep the card just know that once you get above 640's scores there are other cards that offer a higher CL and lower APR with zero AF, but the choice is yours. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 2 of 18
KayMD
Valued Member

Understood. I have a score of 694.

Message 3 of 18
KayMD
Valued Member

Well on the card I have a intrest rate of 9.99% and they waived the $49 annual fee. 

Message 4 of 18
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@KayMD wrote:

Well on the card I have a intrest rate of 9.99% and they waived the $49 annual fee. 

It is all about the terms and fees.   Some FB terms would have charged you a 25% to 50% fee to get the CLI.   

If your card has no other monthly or annual fees and a good APR, it is an OK card.    Most FB cards have outrageously high fees.

Message 5 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@KayMD wrote:

Call to cancel FPB today and they gave me a credit limit to prevent me from closing, I've had the card since I was 18 and in the last three years this card has gotten me all the cards I have today. What did I do? I really don't see FPB as a bad company has everyone says they are.

From $200 to $400.

American Express Zync Card: $595.00 Balance Due this month.

Capital One: $495/$500

Capital One: $0/$300

Wells Fargo: $288/$700

FPB $0/$400 

Credit One:$0/$500

Discover: $100/$500 .

Are you paying $12 or $14/month I have recently seen to have this First Premier Card?

How long have you had Zync and Discover?

In my opinion once you get ANY card that has no AF and has the ability to go over $500 limit you get rid of FPB!!

in your case I also dislike CreditOne for longterm... I did however like them when I had them, charging $25 or what it might be now for CLI they were atleast always available every 6 months like clock work... I saw a higher and better card then Cap1 and Bestbuy MC rebuilders!

but you have have Amex and Discover (they would be 2 out of 3 best scenario cards to have to move onto rebuilt life of credit and all others need to go!

Congrats on where you are but if you have had FPB for 18 months and you just got first CLI from $200 to $400 they were not even trying to be nice for all your paid fees!

Message 6 of 18
KayMD
Valued Member

I've had the ZYNC for 1.5 years and the Discover for four months. For FPB I only pay 7 a month.

Message 7 of 18
learnin113
Established Contributor

The minute, I mean the second you are able to get back on your feet creditwise and obtain a few decent cards....Credit One and First Premier must go.  To me, they're almost like bad karma.

Message 8 of 18
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@KayMD wrote:

I've had the ZYNC for 1.5 years and the Discover for four months. For FPB I only pay 7 a month.

That is still $84 a year and not worth it..   Plan to drop this card soon.

Message 9 of 18
calihlove75
Established Contributor

Your 9.99% APR means nothing if you are paying over $80 bucks a year, whether you use the card or not. Cut it loose and concentrate on that Discover card, Amex, and Wells Fargo. Next, I would axe that Credit First when you can. Can those two Cap one cards be combined? Oh and you have a 694 score, get rid of FP and focus on CLI on your current cards.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.