Re: What Do I Do???

Lool aren't we all Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 13
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@pip3man wrote:

@B335is wrote:
Have you considered Barclays Sallie Mae? They will pull TU, 5% back on gas ($250 limit per month) and its not a rotating category like Discover and Chase Freedom.

Talk about Barclays, as a matter of fact it was one of the cards I applied for same time I went for the Freedom and It card. You bet it was declined as well even after recon... I have my reservation bout 'em cos I heard they AA and keep monitoring every step u move credit wise after u open an account with them. I'll look into the Sallie Mae card although the one I applied for was the Arrival I think.

I feel the Barclays monster is a bit exagerrated online.  For every 999 customers who don't have AA from them, you will get 1 person who got CLD or closed down and everyone panics.  Of course it's good to have options, but AA could really come down from any given lender for a variety of reasons.  Amex, Chase and Citi seem to soft pull me with much more frequency than Barclays, but that's just me.

Message 12 of 13
fot1
Established Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@pip3man wrote:

@B335is wrote:
Have you considered Barclays Sallie Mae? They will pull TU, 5% back on gas ($250 limit per month) and its not a rotating category like Discover and Chase Freedom.

Talk about Barclays, as a matter of fact it was one of the cards I applied for same time I went for the Freedom and It card. You bet it was declined as well even after recon... I have my reservation bout 'em cos I heard they AA and keep monitoring every step u move credit wise after u open an account with them. I'll look into the Sallie Mae card although the one I applied for was the Arrival I think.

I feel the Barclays monster is a bit exagerrated online.  For every 999 customers who don't have AA from them, you will get 1 person who got CLD or closed down and everyone panics.  Of course it's good to have options, but AA could really come down from any given lender for a variety of reasons.  Amex, Chase and Citi seem to soft pull me with much more frequency than Barclays, but that's just me.

+1  Just look on the Barclays thread on this board.. 58 pages and I think 2  AA's total

Too many to list..
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.