Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What EX version does AMEX use?

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

What EX version does AMEX use?

I was talking to AMEX about APR reduction on my BCE and they did confirm it was a SP.

However the senior credit analyst said that my EX FICO, and I asked her to double check and she said yes it is your FICO Score from Experian is 789 pulled today.

The strange part is my latest FICO from PSECU this past month was 744 and I havent seen anything on my EX that could have changed drastically apart from my Old Navy and Nordstrom reporting (which lowered my AAoA to 4.8 from 5.5 according to EX)

Plus Score? Internal Risk Score?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: What EX version does AMEX use?

AMEX is an odd ball when it comes to score. They use FICO score as part of the factor to calculate their internal risk score. As for which FICO score they use, no idea.

Message 2 of 12
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

I was talking to AMEX about APR reduction on my BCE and they did confirm it was a SP.

However the senior credit analyst said that my EX FICO, and I asked her to double check and she said yes it is your FICO Score from Experian is 789 pulled today.

The strange part is my latest FICO from PSECU this past month was 744 and I havent seen anything on my EX that could have changed drastically apart from my Old Navy and Nordstrom reporting (which lowered my AAoA to 4.8 from 5.5 according to EX)

Plus Score? Internal Risk Score?

I've found that the score I get from their credit secure monitoring has always been exactly the same as their soft pulls on me.

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 12
CS800
Super Contributor

I did ask her is if was an actual FICO and not their internal score and she said no it's a FICO score from Experian. So im still perplexed. I mean I think it's the Beacon V3 that they use.

Message 4 of 12
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

They most certainly do use a FICO score as part of your application evaluation, and they provide your FICO score ( usually EX ) when you're declined.

However I have no idea what version it is.    Could be a bankcard enhanced model, could be FICO08, could be both.......

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 12
CS800
Super Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

They most certainly do use a FICO score as part of your application evaluation, and they provide your FICO score ( usually EX ) when you're declined.

However I have no idea what version it is.    Could be a bankcard enhanced model, could be FICO08, could be both.......

I'll wait to see what PSECU tells me this month. But if indeed my FICO went up that much, that would be the highest my EX has ever been.

Message 6 of 12
dp321
Regular Contributor

I believe their credit monitoring service uses a PLUS score, because it uses the backend of Experian's credit monitoring service.

Starting Score: EQ: 703 (4/2011);
Current Score: EQ: 738 (04/2013)

Goal Score: ALL 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 12
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@dp321 wrote:

I believe their credit monitoring service uses a PLUS score, because it uses the backend of Experian's credit monitoring service.

that's not relevant

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 8 of 12
CS800
Super Contributor

Crash check your PM

Message 9 of 12
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

My FICO score from Experian directly was 699, but 673 during Amex's review of my denied Starwoord app. I was told to talk with the DBA department directly as a result of other issues as well.

They also reported that I had too short a stint with Amex (been a member since 2010)

Had negative Paid as Agreeds with Amex

Had Too high debt rating???

I couldn't get a word in edgewise with the Credit Analysis b/c she was reading directly from the denial letter. She transferred me to Customer service to address the other negatives but Customer Service has a stellar record of 20 ontime payments??? Customer Service person pointed me to CBA as they are the only department that can see both current account activity and other Amex history.

NPSL              $25k            $25k              $23k              $22k               $16k              $12k              $10k            $6.5k
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.