Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Exactly Does "Freezing" Do

tag
adamseve
Established Contributor

What Exactly Does "Freezing" Do

Can someone give me some clarification on how freezing your credit report works and what it's supposed to provide the consumer?

Second, if a creditor pulls your report and it's frozen does the consumer get an inquiry?

Finally, can a consumer request that a creditor pull a certain report vs another?

Message Edited by adamseve on 08-06-2008 08:08 AM
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

Re: What Exactly Does

adamseve wrote:

???????????? Your comments are not there???????????????
Message 2 of 7
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Re: What Exactly Does "Freezing" Do

If your file is frozen, a creditor cannot pull it
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 3 of 7
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@adamseve wrote:
Can someone give me some clarification on how freezing your credit report works and what it's supposed to provide the consumer?

Second, if a creditor pulls your report and it's frozen does the consumer get an inquiry?

Finally, can a consumer request that a creditor pull a certain report vs another?

Message Edited by adamseve on 08-06-2008 08:08 AM

Freezing your CRs can be mighty handy if you suspect you could be the victim of identity theft, so no one can open any more accounts in your name.

Never asked anyone to pull a specific report, but I guess you could always ask anyway? I don't think it would be successful much, as most lenders pull a particular report. I think pulling the credit is computer generated.
Here we go again...
Message 4 of 7
msheresy
Regular Contributor

If you apply for credit and the grantor pulls EQ and you have EQ frozen, will they pull another report or will they just auto decline?
Message 5 of 7
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Either/or.
Here we go again...
Message 6 of 7
adamseve
Established Contributor

Thanks for the info.

MESSAGE EDITED -- This is a reminder that discussions involving manipulation of your total credit picture are not allowed in the fora.

Thread is now locked.

Message Edited by WhirledPeasPlease on 08-07-2008 01:46 AM
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.