cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What FICO model does CAPITAL ONE pull ??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What FICO model does CAPITAL ONE pull ??

It is atypical for them to actually use FICO 8 scoring, but they may not have had, *ahem*, the option in your case. The most consistently reviewed score model for them remains FICO 4.

Message 11 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugh. I really want to find lenders who pull FICO 8 to maximize approval. Barclay does too but they are WAY too inquiry sensitive it seems. I'm sure there has to be a thread about which lenders use FICO 8. So far I know Chase, Barclay and possibly CAP ONE for some cards only
Message 12 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you considered Discover?

Message 13 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know if they'll approve a 641. But yes I definitely want them and AMEX, and Citi (I know Citi uses FICO 8!!)
Message 14 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
What were your limits if you don't mind me asking ? I have 2 QS1 at 3 months old, Huge payment history (5x monthly) .. Nothing in Pre Qual yet. But I wasn't on that when they approved my QS1 either ! I'm going to wait until I at least hit 650 to apply, maybe even 670. :-)

QS 3k Venture 5k

Message 15 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know if they did FICO 8 on that
Message 16 of 60
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Cap-1 is not known to use the Fico 8 model for anything as of yet. They are known to occasionally use the Vantage Score along with Fico 04.

Message 17 of 60
delaney1
Established Contributor

I don't know what they pulled when I got my QS back in June. I do know they said my score was 648 with EQ and I was approved for $5k.

Message 18 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

641 and lots of inquires you may be kinda limited. but hey in like 20 points your doors will open quite nicely
Message 19 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

2011X thanks. Once my UTIL reports under 30% by month's end I'm expecting a big boost, possibly well over 660. We will see. Being patient is so hard lol
Message 20 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.