cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What FICO model does CAPITAL ONE pull ??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What FICO model does CAPITAL ONE pull ??

what card do you need?
Message 21 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need? Well I'm looking for a good travel or cash back rewards card.
Message 22 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

what kind of travel do you do? and what cards do you currently have? (on mobile so can't see your signature)
Message 23 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's my cards

Barclay Apple Visa - $3,000 CL
Western FCU Cash VISA - $3,000 CL
Care Credit - $3,000 CL
Credit One - $600 CL
Fingerhut - $250 CL (lol)
Capital One QS1 x 2 - $500 CL each
Message 24 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

first thing is first, ditch that credit one garbage and then try to combine your two QS1's into one card (combine the newest to the oldest) and ask to PC it into a regular QS so you can avoid the annual fees. save yourself $167 a year just with that.
Message 25 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

and not to go too basic but it's better to know what you have to determine what you need. you have a good general spend card (cap1) that gets 1.5% with no caps or categories.
and that's it. the others aren't good for regular spend.

again, what travel do you do?
Message 26 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

I travel back to NY from LA 3-4x yearly. Also to cancun time share a lot ! Lol. Cap one won't combine cards until I hit 6 months I'm at 4
Message 27 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

then wait it out. no need to app for another Smiley Happy

well i will be honest and proclaim my lack of knowledge with travel cards. idk which one is better for local flights and i refuse to steer you in the wrong direction. many people will, but it's not in me to do that.

as for cash back you're very limited, but again, idk how important cash back is to you. and as stated on a recent post by KDM about spreading yourself too thin, if you want to maximize on travel then don't waste your time with cash back cards unless you have high spend. for example i only spend around $1,000 a month on credit so most annual fee cards (not all travel cards have annual fees) don't make sense in my budget.

unfortunately, picking the right cards is a VERY hard decision that requires you to make sound and informed decisions. i can look at what you have and name 2-3 "spur of the moment" cards you apped for Smiley Wink
Message 28 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Do you know if they did FICO 8 on that

Im not sure. I havent recieved anything telling me which scoring system they used. Im just assuming Fico 8. but maybe they have their own inhouse scoring system. The QS&Venture says for Excellent credit. I dont have Excellent credit so they are obviously rating my credit higher than what my Fico is(660). I know CapOne credit tracker says my score is 701.

Message 29 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some people above stated Cap1 pulls FICO 4, but in my experience they actually used FICO 5 specifically.

Message 30 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.