cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Gardening? Hit the Trifecta Today!

tag
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

Re: What Gardening? Hit the Trifecta Today!

In case anyone is interested, my current EX profile showed 11 inquiries total, but only 4 were within the past year, and none in the last 6 months.

I have no negatives whatsoever on my report, with a revolving utilization of about 40%, an open car loan, about $50,000 in unpaid/deferred student loans, and an AAoA of 5.8 years.

Just wanted to throw that out there to maybe help someone if they were wavering and on the fence about applying... Smiley Tongue 

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 11 of 25
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@MsLadyRover wrote:

Very nice!  CONGRATULATIONS!

Thanks!

Message 12 of 25
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@digitaldiva wrote:

Awesome!!  Congrats!

Thank you!

Message 13 of 25
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

Does anyone know how long it typically takes AMEX to send out new cards?

I know it didn't take them long to add one of the accounts to my EX report - it was already showing up when I pulled a new CMS report this AM.

Message 14 of 25
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS!!!!!

And nice CL on the BCP!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 25
delayedinsanity
Regular Contributor

@TNTransplant wrote:

Does anyone know how long it typically takes AMEX to send out new cards?

I know it didn't take them long to add one of the accounts to my EX report - it was already showing up when I pulled a new CMS report this AM.

Fast. I got mine within a few days of apping, while it took Chase a couple more and Wally World nearly two weeks. I have also heard of others receiving theirs within 2-4 days of being approved, which seems to suggest it isn't abnormal for them to get down to business.

Message 16 of 25
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

I would expect you would get a good score increase as well. The utilization will drop big time with the bcp and i woild think that will more than offset any inquiries/new acct points that you may lose. If it takes you under 10% util and you keep it there, then you should be sitting really nice for the rest of the year. Congrats
Message 17 of 25
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

Thanks LS and DI,

I haven't received a new card for a while, so this will be like Christmas in May... Smiley Happy

Chris123inTx,

I should be able to get both cards backdated to 2006, and the resulting BCP reduction in utilization will bring me from just over 40% to 33% on my revolving debt (will be Sept/Oct before I get utilization < 10%).  I will also have a new tradeline reporting with the upgrade to Walmart Discover, so it will be interesting to see what effect this has on my scores - I'm hoping they at least stay about the same.

Message 18 of 25
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

One more question, then I'll shut up for a while...

I need to meet the spend requirement for BCP ($1000 in 3 months) to get the $150 statement credit, but I'm also wanting to use the Green card to develop a usable NPSL. My dilemma is that in order to maximize my rewards, I should probably primarily use the BCP.  I have school tuition that I'm paying out of pocket for the upcoming summer session ($2600), so I will be putting that on one of these cards and then be paying it off as soon as it reflects on my account.  

So, what would be best?  

1. A reasonably large one-time charge on Green, and then not much further use (I would love the airline tickets/travel rewards, but not sure I'd spend enough to make this worthwhile), or

2. Go ahead and charge the tuition on BCP and just continue to primarily use this card for the cashback rewards?

Any thoughts on which way I should go with this?   

Message 19 of 25
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Mr points is worth .02-.03 cents when used properly as airlines miles or hotel points. Otherwise you are lucky to be able to get .01 in gift cards. So will you earn enough to get a flight? Otherwise the blue cash rewards is easier to get and more tangible. If not sure, I would just do the blue cash. You might want to do one month of expenses on green to build npsl limit. Pay it as often as you need. Your internal limit will skyrocket.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.