Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Gives GE

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

What Gives GE

Everytime I apply I'm declined, Have tried Paypal, Ikea, Sams, Sams Business, Walmart!!!

I have a joint Dillards in perfect standing

I'm auth on Walmart, Gap, AE, and Ebay Mastercard - which all appear on my credit report

and I have closed in good standing Paypal Buer Credit and Sams

Why am I blacklisted!

The only thing I can think of is Jcpenney which GE closed when they found out I was in Ch 13 and they charged off the balance, but the account isn't even on my reports!

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What Gives GE

@Creditaddict wrote:

Everytime I apply I'm declined, Have tried Paypal, Ikea, Sams, Sams Business, Walmart!!!

I'm auth on Walmart, Gap, AE, and Ebay Mastercard - which all appear on my credit report

Why am I blacklisted!

The only thing I can think of is Jcpenney which GE closed when they found out I was in Ch 13 and they charged off the balance, but the account isn't even on my reports!

GEMB can be so judgemental like teenage girls. Try recon'ing at 866-246-4282. I'm not sure if they'll be able to approve you, but you WILL get the reason.

Message 2 of 29
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Why am I blacklisted!

GEMB can be so judgemental like teenage girls. Try recon'ing at 866-246-4282. I'm not sure if they'll be able to approve you, but you WILL get the reason.

Thanks for that number, it should be added to the backdoor number thread... they don't review it instantly on the phone with you but she said she would review it and I would have answer in 7 days and it would be for the Buyer credit to start out, not the mastercard, which I said okay... because I just need to get back in the door, for some reason I'm being declined everything despite other accounts... she was very nice... keep you posted!

Message 3 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Why am I blacklisted!

Thanks for that number, it should be added to the backdoor number thread... they don't review it instantly on the phone with you but she said she would review it and I would have answer in 7 days and it would be for the Buyer credit to start out, not the mastercard, which I said okay... because I just need to get back in the door, for some reason I'm being declined everything despite other accounts... she was very nice... keep you posted!

And trust me, if you have any GEMB issues, just talk to anybody on that number. When I was having issues getting approved for PP Plus MC, the guy gave me the full picture of the approval system, and told me what my chances were....while talking about BBQ'ing, ofcourse!

Message 4 of 29
mross1080
Established Contributor

I have the opposite problem GEMB seems to love me but nobody else. I have Paypal Mastercard, Sams, Walmart, Amazon but get turned down by everyone else. Except amex seems to like me now Ive gotten 2 cards from them in the last month and a half.

Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

Why am I blacklisted!

What reason do they give you?

I got into a knock-down drag-out fight with them once because they were putting retarded decline reasons on their ECOA notices.  They would say something like "Declined, unable to verify application data w/ credit report" when they pulled EQ even when the phone number was listed on the CR.  Then they would say that the problem was because the applicant didn't have their telephone listed under their name when courts have held that the ECOA does not require a phone in your name -- just a phone in your residence.

Finally they said that the problems were because they could not verify the phone number.  That it was easy to verify with directory assistance or the Yellow Pages was irrelevant, they say, because they claim they use their own third-party verification system.

I think a monkey wrote their application software.  That monkey does understand pain, though.  Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 29
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Never give a cell phone number on a GEMB application, especially with a Wal-Mart app. Smiley Tongue

And now that so many people very sensibly use only cell phones, and no land lines, this is more and more of a problem.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Never give a cell phone number on a GEMB application, especially with a Wal-Mart app. Smiley Tongue

And now that so many people very sensibly use only cell phones, and no land lines, this is more and more of a problem.

Try number portability.  Their monkey cannot comprehend why someone would move to, say, California yet maintain a cellphone number with an Upstate NY area code.  The only thing GE understands is a BFS.

Message 8 of 29
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got into a knock-down drag-out fight with them once because they were putting retarded decline reasons on their ECOA notices.  They would say something like "Declined, unable to verify application data w/ credit report" when they pulled EQ even when the phone number was listed on the CR.  Then they would say that the problem was because the applicant didn't have their telephone listed under their name when courts have held that the ECOA does not require a phone in your name -- just a phone in your residence.

at least they give you a reason!  they gave me no reason at all.  geez!!!  Smiley Mad

Message 9 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@laz98 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

at least they give you a reason!  they gave me no reason at all.  geez!!!  Smiley Mad

None at all?  How's that?  When they decline a credit application they are required to provide an ECOA notice stating the reasons.

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.