Did you mean: 

What Gives GE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What Gives GE

@laz98 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

When I got my ppbc about two months ago I was instantly approved. All i have is a cell phone.

me too.  i wonder why some people get hassled so much over it.

GEMB uses a third party source to verify and they often screw things up. 

Message 21 of 29
tunseeker1
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

None at all?  How's that?  When they decline a credit application they are required to provide an ECOA notice stating the reasons.

If you have an account with the company and they use and internal database to deny you I thought they didn't have to give a reason other then past history with company.

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tunseeker1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

None at all?  How's that?  When they decline a credit application they are required to provide an ECOA notice stating the reasons.

If you have an account with the company and they use and internal database to deny you I thought they didn't have to give a reason other then past history with company.

Right, but they have to provide an ECOA notice with that reason (i.e. past history) and the source of that data (i.e. internal database) or a statement that you may request that reason from them within a certain period of time -- 30 days, I believe.

Message 23 of 29
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Update: Decline stays, looks like because of the BK.  Does GE want 1,2,or 3 years since BK.. I forget.

Message 24 of 29
laz98
Senior Contributor

@tunseeker1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

i don't know if that's true or not, just wanted to say they pulled my EX report, so they didn't use internal records.

Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@laz98 wrote:

@tunseeker1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

i don't know if that's true or not, just wanted to say they pulled my EX report, so they didn't use internal records.

While some that have you blacklisted -- such as AmEx and CrapOne -- generally do not pull your credit report when they intend to shoot you down because of their internal records, others -- such as HSBC -- will pull your credit reports and then deny you over criteria not based on your credit report.

Message 26 of 29
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

While some that have you blacklisted -- such as AmEx and CrapOne -- generally do not pull your credit report when they intend to shoot you down because of their internal records, others -- such as HSBC -- will pull your credit reports and then deny you over criteria not based on your credit report.

that's retarded!  why the **** are they pulling your reports then!  seems like a waste of their time!

Message 27 of 29
jefftca925
Established Contributor

I just logged into my GEMB/Gap VISA account and noticed they gave me a $50 CLI! Smiley Surprised So my limit went from $2000 to $2050.  Are you serious???  What was the point of it?  I don't really understand GE.  Smiley Mad It's why I don't use the card much except when I shop at one of the Gap affiliated stores... and I don't spend a lot even then.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@laz98 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

that's retarded!  why the **** are they pulling your reports then!  seems like a waste of their time!

I couldn't agree more!  It is retarded.

I can only guess that their approval process is set up to check their internal records only after they've pulled your credit report.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.