Senior Contributor
O6

Re: What Gives GE

laz98 wrote:

gbishere wrote:

When I got my ppbc about two months ago I was instantly approved. All i have is a cell phone.

me too.  i wonder why some people get hassled so much over it.

GEMB uses a third party source to verify and they often screw things up. 

IAALBNYL
Regular Contributor
tunseeker1

O6 wrote:

None at all?  How's that?  When they decline a credit application they are required to provide an ECOA notice stating the reasons.

If you have an account with the company and they use and internal database to deny you I thought they didn't have to give a reason other then past history with company.

Senior Contributor
O6

tunseeker1 wrote:

O6 wrote:

None at all?  How's that?  When they decline a credit application they are required to provide an ECOA notice stating the reasons.

If you have an account with the company and they use and internal database to deny you I thought they didn't have to give a reason other then past history with company.

Right, but they have to provide an ECOA notice with that reason (i.e. past history) and the source of that data (i.e. internal database) or a statement that you may request that reason from them within a certain period of time -- 30 days, I believe.

IAALBNYL
Mega Contributor
Creditaddict

Update: Decline stays, looks like because of the BK.  Does GE want 1,2,or 3 years since BK.. I forget.

Fico Scores: EQ 657 Cabelas, TU 662 Walmart, EX 699 Wells (07-27-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Express $300
Over 40 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98

tunseeker1 wrote:

O6 wrote:

i don't know if that's true or not, just wanted to say they pulled my EX report, so they didn't use internal records.

Latest scores: Walmart TU: 766. MyFICO TU: ---. DCU EQ: 741. PSECU EX: 756.
Senior Contributor
O6

laz98 wrote:

tunseeker1 wrote:

O6 wrote:

i don't know if that's true or not, just wanted to say they pulled my EX report, so they didn't use internal records.

While some that have you blacklisted -- such as AmEx and CrapOne -- generally do not pull your credit report when they intend to shoot you down because of their internal records, others -- such as HSBC -- will pull your credit reports and then deny you over criteria not based on your credit report.

IAALBNYL
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98

O6 wrote:

While some that have you blacklisted -- such as AmEx and CrapOne -- generally do not pull your credit report when they intend to shoot you down because of their internal records, others -- such as HSBC -- will pull your credit reports and then deny you over criteria not based on your credit report.

that's retarded!  why the **** are they pulling your reports then!  seems like a waste of their time!

Latest scores: Walmart TU: 766. MyFICO TU: ---. DCU EQ: 741. PSECU EX: 756.
Established Contributor
jefftca925

I just logged into my GEMB/Gap VISA account and noticed they gave me a $50 CLI! :smileysurprised: So my limit went from $2000 to $2050.  Are you serious???  What was the point of it?  I don't really understand GE.  :smileymad: It's why I don't use the card much except when I shop at one of the Gap affiliated stores... and I don't spend a lot even then.

CCs: Chase Freedom World MC 6.9k, CSP VISA Sg 7k, BofA Amex 12.5k, Discover 10.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 12.5k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom Visa Sg 10k, Amex Zync, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR Visa Sg 17k, Amex BCP 9.5k, Amex Blue 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 4k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR Visa 44.6k, Chase United Visa Sg 13k, Chase Marriott Visa Sg 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 5k, Compass Visa 4k, WF Visa Sg 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 13.3k, Capital One QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 13.5k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Barclay Arrival 10k, Ebates Visa Sg 8k FICOs as of June '14...EQ 808 TU 804 EX ?
Senior Contributor
O6

laz98 wrote:

O6 wrote:

that's retarded!  why the **** are they pulling your reports then!  seems like a waste of their time!

I couldn't agree more!  It is retarded.

I can only guess that their approval process is set up to check their internal records only after they've pulled your credit report.

IAALBNYL

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+