Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Gives?

tag
ABattle
Regular Contributor

What Gives?

I applied for a HouseBank Card for the Roomstore in July & was denied.  The letter didn't give a specific reason.  I have an Orchard cc w/them that I've had for close to 2 years, never been late & always carry a balance.  I was also approved recently (Sept) for a Best By Reward Zone Mastercard in October which I also know is under HSBC.  So, I'm wondering y I can get Best Buy but not the RoomStore & their customer service is no help.  Has anyone had this happen where you're approced for one but not the other?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: What Gives?

@ABattle wrote:

I applied for a HouseBank Card for the Roomstore in July & was denied.  The letter didn't give a specific reason.  I have an Orchard cc w/them that I've had for close to 2 years, never been late & always carry a balance.  I was also approved recently (Sept) for a Best By Reward Zone Mastercard in October which I also know is under HSBC.  So, I'm wondering y I can get Best Buy but not the RoomStore & their customer service is no help.  Has anyone had this happen where you're approced for one but not the other?

I'm not completely sure since I don't know what Roomstore is but wouldn't you need over 1k cl to make any use of it?  The underwriting for it is probably much harder than Orchard and Best Buy MC which people have been known to get approved in the high 400's to low 500's credit.

Do you have a current Fico score from EQ?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.