Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Have You Been Denied For Recently

tag
My2cents
Regular Contributor

Re: What Have You Been Denied For Recently

Dear Fico Forumers----------------------------------STOP APPLYING TOO OFTEN!!!!!!Smiley Sad
Remember we are trying to become HIGH FICO ACHIVERSSmiley Surprised.  Yes I am on your team.
Your pal

My2centsSmiley Wink
700 Club Member
Message 21 of 46
wmarat
Valued Contributor

I denied an offer to be promoted.

@MidnightVoice wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
What Have You Been Denied For Recently

Promotion

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 22 of 46
laz98
Senior Contributor

Bank of America

WAMU

GEMB - Lenscrafters

Message 23 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

been denied for home depot for the third time and i work there citibank hates me...
Message 24 of 46
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

A Sears Mastercard...  for an appliance purchase...

At the register, submitted app (they pulled EQ 712, clean)...  was told to call...  clerk handed me the phone and I answered questions...  Then told "congrats, you are approved for 4K and you will receive card in 7 days...  enjoy todays purchase, welcome to the Sears family"...  great news...

Then the clerk could not figure out what to do with that info...  called back...  spoke with another analyst who decided to "get involved" and pulled another report...  TU (702 FICO, clean)...  this guy denied for too many INQ's and new accounts...

Tried recon...  they admitted that the first analyst must have approved but second didn't like the INQ's  (2 on TU, 3 on EQ)  They said, once denied...  that's it...  what a mess... I should have paid with another card, left the store and waited for the new card to arrive!!!

They (Citi and Sears) are now on my blacklist... Smiley Wink

Message Edited by spiritcraft1 on 10-29-2008 06:25 AM

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 25 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed cash rewards CC (with Equifax FICO 720)

ExxonMobil Mastercard CC (with Experian FICO 726)

Both due to age of accounts (I have two cards, 8 and 6 months old).  Also, Citibank (ExxonMobil) gave me a silly reason about high balances even though my cards have 0% and 4% utilization.

Message 26 of 46
upinflagstaff
Frequent Contributor

A third Cap1 card.

BofA Gold something or other with a possible CL of up to $50k. (**bleep** you EX and RTR!)

Message 27 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied for Navy Federal's nRewards Visa card....The only reason was derogatory credit references.

However, they said that I will be getting a letter in 5-7 days that will explain how to start the appeals process which I plan on doing.

Message 28 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied for CLI on Walmart Card last week but was approved for Paypal Credit from $575 to $775 today!!!

I've had Paypal credit since 2002 and they only CLI once from $500 to $575. I used the online request so many times that I lost count for CLI.

Last week was denied for BOA CLI - 6th time this year (I ask every 2 months)

Message 29 of 46
wmarat
Valued Contributor

I have the same problem with JCP. I've had this account for 21 mos and was granted CLI only once. I use denials to pull my EQ reropts for free.

At the same time I get small CLI's on WalMart and PayPal Buyers Credit every 4 mo.

GEMB, go figure.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 30 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.