cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Have you been DENIED for recently?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What Have you been DENIED for recently?

blah-

Credit Cards-
-Hooters but got approved for Citi at the same time?!? DH got approved with Hooters will 20 less points than me.. I'm still confused and that was in December...
Haven't apped since-

-Citi cli due to high balances on cards (since then, paid down 40% of my balances) so I'm gonna recon when they report
-BOA- APR reduced on husbands card- said to call back in a few months (but did get a 1K cli for him-hoorayy backdoor numbers)

Message Edited by AlishaR on 06-28-2008 09:22 AM
Message 31 of 66
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@MidnightVoice wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Really NEVER dines thats AWESOME I want Citi Plat AMEX so bad

I have never been denied since I learned to play the game Smiley Very Happy

Unfortunately I have applied for Amex twice in the past 14 months and have been denied for the same reason both times. I must be hard headed. Smiley Happy Chase was an initial denial for a CLI on my Flexible Rewards card last month but I was approved on recon. I should have done this last October when I was declined for a Chase Freedom. My only other denial was quite a shock. I was knocked down by Patelco for too much available and too many new accounts. I won't go to the well there again. They can keep their business. Navy Federal and Penfed will be enough.

Message Edited by smallfry on 06-28-2008 12:39 PM
Message 32 of 66
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

I was denied a BOA visa. I have had my checking account with them for over 5 years (average balance over $2K per month)and have had my mortgage with them from late last year (around $76,000 - house is worth about $120K) My 18 year old daughter in the mean time got a BOA visa with a $5000 CL. She never applied - they just asked her if she wanted it one day when she was making a deposit. Gotta love it.
Message 33 of 66
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Chris123nTx wrote:
I was denied a BOA visa. I have had my checking account with them for over 5 years (average balance over $2K per month)and have had my mortgage with them from late last year (around $76,000 - house is worth about $120K) My 18 year old daughter in the mean time got a BOA visa with a $5000 CL. She never applied - they just asked her if she wanted it one day when she was making a deposit. Gotta love it.

Crazy game ain't it?
Message 34 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing... but that's because I've not actually applied for anything recently. Oh wait... there was the AmEx Blue a couple of months back (I mean, I applied for it - and got it).

Last thing I was denied for was a Discover (More? I forget) card, around last September. I foolishly and naively thought that, upon checking my Experian Plus score and finding it to be reasonably good, that the fact I had a nice amount in a Discover Money Market account might make them consider me for a card. Wrong! Rejected for the short length of my credit history (a little shy of six months at that point)... I'd actually really like a Discover More at some point, but have little idea what kind of scores/length of credit history I'd need to be looking at before even bothering to apply again. Not to mention the fact that I don't want to go upsetting American Express by daring to get any more credit just now - oh dear!
Message 35 of 66
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Was denied for a Lowes Store Card with a 601 EQ score. And a Target guest card due to too many inquiries Smiley Happy
Message 36 of 66
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

BoA AMEX...just today!  Said I had late payments on my reports!!  No kidding...who in America doesn't??

My last late pmt was 3 yrs 8 mos ago!  When will these be old enough to not matter???  Let me guess...in 7 when they fall off!  Grrrrrr  Smiley Mad
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 37 of 66
MattH
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I accually have never been deined.

I have been denied CLI's (not recently though)

and to Plainsneech I apped and was approved for Kay with the FA on my CR's. I just called them when thier credit dept opened.

I have never had any application for credit denied. As for CLI's, I have never requested one, the automatic increases have always been far enough ahead of my utilization so I've not had to ask.

What's an FA?
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 38 of 66
MattH
Senior Contributor

BungalowMo wrote:...Said I had late payments on my reports!! No kidding...who in America doesn't??...

Well, none of the times I've forgotten a bill and received a reminder has ever appeared on my credit reports. In my experience, if an otherwise good customer pays instantly and in full upon getting first notice of an unpaid balance they tend not to report it to the CRAs. And with online banking I no longer have to pay one or two late fees per year due to absent-mindedness as I used to in paper check days.
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 39 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied for Penfed last week. My  EQ score was not good enough..oh well.
Message 40 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.