Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What I like about my Chase CC

tag
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: What I like about my Chase CC

@Anonymous wrote:

First, WELCOME to the forums and I am sure as you read more posts you will discover that what people say regarding an institution in always from a "personal" standpoint, so I tend to not put a lot of stock in it.

If CHASE has been good to you and the relationship with them is enjoyable then GREAT, I am happy for you.

Just judge your dealings with them by the way they treat you. What someone says they have done to them is frankly unimportant, as it has no bearing on what they will do to you.

Frankly, sometime the "drama quotient" gets dialed up a few notches in some threads here but you will soon see that, LUCKILY the great majority of posters are just people looking for some info and sharing some.

This forum is FULL of people who offer solid advice and you will learn a lot about Credit Cards as you stay and read the threads.

GOOD luck with CHASE and again, WELCOME Smiley Happy

What Chase has done to others is vitally important - it defines what it is that they may possibly do to you! Every scenario I outlined above has happened to others and been related through postings on this board.

If we can't learn from the experience of others then we must wait to learn from only from that which we personally experience.

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like Chase Online Services

I like Chase Freedom Plus Rewards (made hundreds of dollars since WAMU takeover)

I think the $39 AF is reasonable for the reward program

I like the 15 various 3% reward categories (3.75% if you wait till $200 and get $50 bonus) 

I like the many local branches (instant payment credits shown online)

I like that they credit my payments immediately and post available credit in reasonable time (unlike certain CU's that rhyme with FenPed)

I like the online info of "LAST DAY THIS STATEMENT"

I wish Chase had the TU FICO like WAMU did

I wish they would give me a better rate (29.99%) even though I PIF....it's just that "want a better rate" even if I don't actually use it...

I wish they would give me a CLI (at $3.5K for years)

I wish, I wish, I wish.....hehehe....we always got wishes no matter what!  LOL

Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 22
ma_fico
Regular Contributor

I'm personally a Chase-hater Smiley Very Happy when once they were one of my best lenders, but I understand that everyone's experiences are different.

That said, you never know when ANY lender will turn on you.  Keep a diverse portfolio from diverse lenders (including some CUs and "oddballs" - i.e. smaller issuers), so you're always prepared for whatever they throw at you.

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

First, WELCOME to the forums and I am sure as you read more posts you will discover that what people say regarding an institution in always from a "personal" standpoint, so I tend to not put a lot of stock in it.

If CHASE has been good to you and the relationship with them is enjoyable then GREAT, I am happy for you.

Just judge your dealings with them by the way they treat you. What someone says they have done to them is frankly unimportant, as it has no bearing on what they will do to you.

Frankly, sometime the "drama quotient" gets dialed up a few notches in some threads here but you will soon see that, LUCKILY the great majority of posters are just people looking for some info and sharing some.

This forum is FULL of people who offer solid advice and you will learn a lot about Credit Cards as you stay and read the threads.

+1 

I have never had any issues with Chase.  Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 22
UpNUp
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1 

I have never had any issues with Chase.  Smiley Happy

DittoSmiley Happy
Message 15 of 22
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I've never had any problems with Chase. I just wish they'd return to the original Freedom awards program. (Apparently being phased out in favor of their new Ultimately Lame Rewards program.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still have the original Chase Freedom reward structure.
Message 17 of 22
Karatz
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I like Chase Online Services

I like Chase Freedom Plus Rewards (made hundreds of dollars since WAMU takeover)

I think the $39 AF is reasonable for the reward program

I like the 15 various 3% reward categories (3.75% if you wait till $200 and get $50 bonus) 

I like the many local branches (instant payment credits shown online)

I like that they credit my payments immediately and post available credit in reasonable time (unlike certain CU's that rhyme with FenPed)

I like the online info of "LAST DAY THIS STATEMENT"

I wish Chase had the TU FICO like WAMU did

I wish they would give me a better rate (29.99%) even though I PIF....it's just that "want a better rate" even if I don't actually use it...

I wish they would give me a CLI (at $3.5K for years)

I wish, I wish, I wish.....hehehe....we always got wishes no matter what!  LOL

Smiley Wink

How bout if I give you mine...you'd double your CL with them Smiley Happy

TransUnion/Equifax
746/754
Date: 9/24/2009/10/02/2009
Message 18 of 22
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

FaircreditguyFL wrote:

I still don't know if this is just for new cards (mine was converted when they dropped the Borders Visa.)

But another member who had had the Freedom for a while posted that her (I think the member was a she) program changed, too. Maybe it happens when you hit the month that your card was opened or something. Smiley Tongue

I hope they do still have two versions going, and that they might graduate me to it. But I'm not optimistic --the same thing seemed to happen to the Freedom Plus, and only a few members still seem to have the Plus rewards structure.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I still don't know if this is just for new cards (mine was converted when they dropped the Borders Visa.)

But another member who had had the Freedom for a while posted that her (I think the member was a she) program changed, too. Maybe it happens when you hit the month that your card was opened or something. Smiley Tongue

I hope they do still have two versions going, and that they might graduate me to it. But I'm not optimistic --the same thing seemed to happen to the Freedom Plus, and only a few members still seem to have the Plus rewards structure.

I have the Signature version of the card.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.