cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What New Approvals Have You Gotten? CCC's giving out new lines like candy?

Regular Contributor

What New Approvals Have You Gotten? CCC's giving out new lines like candy?

Have a 6 month old $300K mortgage reporting.   I let my INQs get down to 0 and I was lucky somehow to only get a single hard for my mortgage on Experian.

It seems like the magic score now is FICO 760+.

Before my mortgage I had a $30,000 NFCU cashRewards.   I did some changes to my new house plus I bought new appliances.   At one point my HIGH BAL on my NFCU card reached $15,000.   I've been paying $2,200/mo in debt service and then I decided to take the offers to zero out my interest and lower my payments to co-incide with the BT offers expiring.

So in the last 4 weeks:

Citi Platinum Divident:   $10,000 CL

Chase Slate:   $7,000

Barclays US AIRWAYS Platinum:  $13,000 CL

One thing that helped me get the Barclays card is that my balance went to $0 on NFCU and it hasn't shown up on my Citi card yet, and I am 100% convinced they set the CL on that card by looking at my highest balance ever across all my cards ($15,000).

So in the last few days I've bumped my total lines by $30,000 and my Vantage scores are now above 910.   When Citi reports my BT they'll fall back down to where they were because it will be 95% utilized and it won't get back to 10% utilization on that one card until June 2012.

All my other revolving TLs are sitting at 0% utilization except for that one Citi card.

EQ: 801!
I got one foot in the 800 Club, now I need the other two feet.
3 REPLIES
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: What New Approvals Have You Gotten? CCC's giving out new lines like candy?

BTW on my INQs I now have 4 hards on EX, 2 on EQ and 2 on TU.  I'm not going to bother to bump off the EQ and TU...

I also forgot to add that I tried for a 2nd Citi card (Simplicity) but they gave me a toy limit: $500.   I'm not going to even activate that card it's a joke.

On the Chase card I am using to finance a new 17" maxed-out Macbook for 12 months @ $260/mo.  On the Citi $10K card that BT offer runs for about 17 months so I set up an automatic payment of $580/mo on that one.

Since I was using $2,200/mo to kill my balances off on Navy I've now kicked the debt service payment in half and am saving over $500 on interest, plus now I can use my cashRewards again for actual cash rather than using my 1.5% cashback to cut down my interest rate to effectively 7%.

With these 3 new lines my AAoA will probably drop from 6 years down to 3 years (or worse I dunno), but after 12 months I should be back in the FICO 800 Club with my new mortgage and all my accounts aged over a year, plus multiple cards with big lines on them showing perfect payment histories.   All my baddies except one have expired off all my reports and that 1 baddie that is left is only on one report and it's due to expire off in December which should get me another 20 FICO points (I hope!)

EQ: 801!
I got one foot in the 800 Club, now I need the other two feet.
Valued Contributor

Good work on that.

Starting Score: EQ 681 5/2011, EX 656 6/2011 (PSECU), TU98 642 6/2011
Current Score: EQ 741 12/2011, EX 730 08/15 (PSECU), TU08 710 08/15
Goal Score: 725+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Senior Contributor

Hey Philly!  First off...nice work!  Those cards & limits are pretty dang sweet!

I did want to give you an example of a FICO bump to expect.  About a year or so ago, I had my last collection/last baddie drop off equifax (1 year early) & I got about a 30 point jump and just a couple weeks ago I had (also the last baddie here) a 90 day late from 9/04 drop off my TU...I went from 706 to 751.

YMMV...but you're still going to be looking GOOD!!!

Congrats again!

Starting Score: 02/2015 TU 709 - EQ 676 - EX 729
Current Score: 04/2017 TU 754 - EQ 757 - EX 747
Goal Score: 850

Bury me in the garden...last app 08.09.15