cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What New Approvals Have You Gotten? CCC's giving out new lines like candy?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What New Approvals Have You Gotten? CCC's giving out new lines like candy?

Have a 6 month old $300K mortgage reporting.   I let my INQs get down to 0 and I was lucky somehow to only get a single hard for my mortgage on Experian.

It seems like the magic score now is FICO 760+.

Before my mortgage I had a $30,000 NFCU cashRewards.   I did some changes to my new house plus I bought new appliances.   At one point my HIGH BAL on my NFCU card reached $15,000.   I've been paying $2,200/mo in debt service and then I decided to take the offers to zero out my interest and lower my payments to co-incide with the BT offers expiring.

So in the last 4 weeks:

Citi Platinum Divident:   $10,000 CL

Chase Slate:   $7,000

Barclays US AIRWAYS Platinum:  $13,000 CL

One thing that helped me get the Barclays card is that my balance went to $0 on NFCU and it hasn't shown up on my Citi card yet, and I am 100% convinced they set the CL on that card by looking at my highest balance ever across all my cards ($15,000).

So in the last few days I've bumped my total lines by $30,000 and my Vantage scores are now above 910.   When Citi reports my BT they'll fall back down to where they were because it will be 95% utilized and it won't get back to 10% utilization on that one card until June 2012.

All my other revolving TLs are sitting at 0% utilization except for that one Citi card.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What New Approvals Have You Gotten? CCC's giving out new lines like candy?

BTW on my INQs I now have 4 hards on EX, 2 on EQ and 2 on TU.  I'm not going to bother to bump off the EQ and TU...

I also forgot to add that I tried for a 2nd Citi card (Simplicity) but they gave me a toy limit: $500.   I'm not going to even activate that card it's a joke.

On the Chase card I am using to finance a new 17" maxed-out Macbook for 12 months @ $260/mo.  On the Citi $10K card that BT offer runs for about 17 months so I set up an automatic payment of $580/mo on that one.

Since I was using $2,200/mo to kill my balances off on Navy I've now kicked the debt service payment in half and am saving over $500 on interest, plus now I can use my cashRewards again for actual cash rather than using my 1.5% cashback to cut down my interest rate to effectively 7%.

With these 3 new lines my AAoA will probably drop from 6 years down to 3 years (or worse I dunno), but after 12 months I should be back in the FICO 800 Club with my new mortgage and all my accounts aged over a year, plus multiple cards with big lines on them showing perfect payment histories.   All my baddies except one have expired off all my reports and that 1 baddie that is left is only on one report and it's due to expire off in December which should get me another 20 FICO points (I hope!)

Message 2 of 4
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Good work on that.
Message 3 of 4
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Hey Philly!  First off...nice work!  Those cards & limits are pretty dang sweet!

I did want to give you an example of a FICO bump to expect.  About a year or so ago, I had my last collection/last baddie drop off equifax (1 year early) & I got about a 30 point jump and just a couple weeks ago I had (also the last baddie here) a 90 day late from 9/04 drop off my TU...I went from 706 to 751.

YMMV...but you're still going to be looking GOOD!!!

Congrats again!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.