cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Other Amex Card would you PC from Costco Amex?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What Other Amex Card would you PC from Costco Amex?

@Anonymous wrote:

All of us in good standing with our Costco AmEx will have a year from now a Citibank Costco Visa, and our current Am Ex Costco card converted to a. replacement Am Ex card.

We will have 2 cards when we now only have 1.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

It's a win-win to have the TE card when it splits from AMEX.  

2 cards, possibly 3 tradelines and no extra inquiries.  Keep your TE

Message 11 of 16
Odiseous
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

All of us in good standing with our Costco AmEx will have a year from now a Citibank Costco Visa, and our current Am Ex Costco card converted to a. replacement Am Ex card.

Yay! A brand new Citi tradeline, lowering your AAOA. Smiley Frustrated

I wonder how this would impact ACMs. Would the ACM automatically be added as an AU with Citi?

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Message 12 of 16
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nope, Visa & Citi won the rights to service Costco and Amex will no longer be accepted once the current deal expires next year.

That's not what I meant. AmEx Is still partnered with Costco for one more year. Therefore we can still use the card there until April 2016.

The Ceo of AmEx said he wanted to keep as many Costco customers as possible after the split, and will move them over to another AmEx card.

Citibank will have to replace the existing Costco members AmEx cards with their cards as part of the agreement. If not Costco would lose customers, right, and it would nullify the deal.

To early to guess what may happen, but the only way I'd move/pc to another amex card if all the bonus's and perks of the new card came with it. Otherwise, I'd prefer to close TE and choose the card of my liking and get all the spoils along with it if I decide to stay with amex at all.

Message 13 of 16
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes just use your Costco AmEx like normal. The AmEx CEO stated they will retain the Costco customers and move them to another card.

Don't jump the gun.Smiley Happy

There's a possibility that AMEX could introduce a new CC and allow the TE to PC to that.   Of course, that would mean the the CC is no longer part of the Costco portfolio and is, in fact, an AMEX.   Or you could just ride things out and the TE will become a Citi Costco Visa.   I don't think people will get two cards out of the deal, but I think we will get the opportunity to pick.  In any case, it's all speculation at this point.  

I'm waiting before taking any action.  I'm not really a fan of Citi and may even drop Costco entirely, once AMEX is out of the picture.   If AMEX doesn't have a product to PC to, then I intend on moving my CL to my BCE.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 14 of 16
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

With Costco Amex scheduled to discontinue in about 1 year. What other Amex Card would you prefer to PC?

I don't really see anything at the moment.  The TE was mostly an AAoA booster for me so I'm not concerned even if it just gets closed out.  If I wanted another AmEx I'd probably already have it.

To me it seems a bit premature to assume anything with the transition at this point aside from the knowns which are that Citi will replace AmEx as the cobranded card issuer and Visa will replace AmEx as the accepted payment network for credit cards.  While Costco's press release indicates that the deal is pending Citi's purchase of the card portfolio, The New York Times stated this in their article from 3/2:

David Sherwood, Costco's director of finance and investor relations, said in a phone interview it was yet to be determined if people will have to reapply for their Costco rewards cards.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Odiseous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yay! A brand new Citi tradeline, lowering your AAOA. Smiley Frustrated

I wonder how this would impact ACMs. Would the ACM automatically be added as an AU with Citi?

Not necessarily.  Since it is basically a PC I dont see why they wouldnt keep the same DATE opened.  I would think alot of customers will be unhappy with a new TL for a card they have had for a decade.   

worst case, a Recon should probably get the correct date on there

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.