cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Other Amex Card would you PC from Costco Amex?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What Other Amex Card would you PC from Costco Amex?

With Costco Amex scheduled to discontinue in about 1 year. What other Amex Card would you prefer to PC?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Re: What Other Amex Card would you PC from Costco Amex?

BCP, if I didn't already have it, which is why I closed my TE last night.

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I chatted with a rep the other day, he said currently you cannot PC a cobranded card to a non-co branded card.  He said we would have more information available as we approach April 2016.

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes just use your Costco AmEx like normal. The AmEx CEO stated they will retain the Costco customers and move them to another card.

Don't jump the gun.Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes just use your Costco AmEx like normal. The AmEx CEO stated they will retain the Costco customers and move them to another card.

I thought the citi deal was dependent upon Citi taking the TE portfolio..

Message 5 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I thought the citi deal was dependent upon Citi taking the TE portfolio..

Nope, Visa & Citi won the rights to service Costco and Amex will no longer be accepted once the current deal expires next year.

Message 6 of 16
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

With Costco Amex scheduled to discontinue in about 1 year. What other Amex Card would you prefer to PC?

You know. when i think about this long and hard. i beleive costco will give you another card with citi taking over. so no need to pc from the amex from what i understand. tell you why i say that. i know that citi took over best buy accounts and everyones card just became a best buy card. did not have to follow hsbc or cap one with the change over. im guessing it will be the same with costco. as it has been with other lenders that take over accounts. but since you are already in the amex family. i think you may be able to get two cards for the price of one. change over the costco amex. and take whatever citi gives you. not sure. but it is something to think about.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, Visa & Citi won the rights to service Costco and Amex will no longer be accepted once the current deal expires next year.

That's not what I meant. AmEx Is still partnered with Costco for one more year. Therefore we can still use the card there until April 2016.

The Ceo of AmEx said he wanted to keep as many Costco customers as possible after the split, and will move them over to another AmEx card.

Citibank will have to replace the existing Costco members AmEx cards with their cards as part of the agreement. If not Costco would lose customers, right, and it would nullify the deal.

Message 8 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

That's not what I meant. AmEx Is still partnered with Costco for one more year. Therefore we can still use the card there until April 2016.

The Ceo of AmEx said he wanted to keep as many Costco customers as possible after the split, and will move them over to another AmEx card.

Citibank will have to replace the existing Costco members AmEx cards with their cards as part of the agreement. If not Costco would lose customers, right, and it would nullify the deal.

^ this is what I read as well..  If Amex keeps there customer and Citi gives you a card as well, I might be applying for the TE card within the next 6 months.  25 years of backdating and a citi card...win win!

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

All of us in good standing with our Costco AmEx will have a year from now a Citibank Costco Visa, and our current Am Ex Costco card converted to a. replacement Am Ex card.

We will have 2 cards when we now only have 1.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.