USAA & NAVY FEDERAL
Message 21 of 22
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Re: What Prime Lender Am I Missing?

@Lincoln465 wrote:

@CreditDunce wrote:

@Lincoln465 wrote:
I don't see CreditOne or First Premiere. Aren't those the epitome of prime?

Lol they're basically invitation only considering nobody would willingly apply. They send out invitations like hotcakes though so not exactly as exclusive as the Black card.

Not true.   I have done my best to get in with CreditOne.  But they just won't pre-approve me. 

I started with one open CC.  Then over the past year, added a dozen new CC's plus some LOCs.  For the past couple of months I have been letting 2/3 of the cards report a balance. A few even more than 25% utilization.  I figured that would get my credit score low enough for them.  Still no dice.  They know I am a deadbeat (you know someone who pays in full every month).  I am just not their target customer it seems.  Maybe I need to set my sights on the Simmons once all of my new accounts age.

You want a creditone. 

I am embarrassed to say I have been checking their pre-qual site for the last year.  They deny me every time.  I think I have Experien to blame.  My Equifax 04 scores have dropped 54 points in the last 6 months.  Even my TU-08 scores dropped 27 points.

But according to CreditOne, my EX-08 scores have gone from 790 up to 809 after all of the new apps.  I have it down to 802 by letting higher balances report on several cards, but I just don't think there is any chance I will ever be approved for a CreditOne card.  I just don't understand why my scores that were above 800 are now below 800 and my score that was below 800 is now above 800. 

Maybe I can app for a CapitalOne card one day...   After my app spree, their pre-qual site was only offering the things like the QS1.  But a couple of days ago, they started offering the QS and the Venture cards again.  I have never had a CapitalOne card either.

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.