cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What R U Hoping to Get From Your CC Company Soon?

tag
changingmantra2
Regular Contributor

What R U Hoping to Get From Your CC Company Soon?

Hello -

1. I  am still trying to get my Arrival + annual fee waived or reduced - I want this more than other things on this list.

2. I am also hoping to get a CLI on Freedom- I have had a wait and see approach with Chase.  One year anniversary is Jan /15

3. It would also be GREAT if I could get a permanent APR reduction from Discover.  They have been good about giving me 3.99% offers for 6 months when I ask.

4. Long shot - hoping Citi will let me PC Simplicity to DC when promotional 0% APR is done in Jan -  If not - oh well!

“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.”
― Maya Angelou
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
core
Valued Contributor

Re: What R U Hoping to Get From Your CC Company Soon?

I am waiting for Crapital One to start offering a real FICO score instead of that lame CreditKarma score.  Why do I need a fako once per month from C1 when I can get the exact same score every week from CK?  It's USELESS.  They should just take it down and send people over to CK and collect affiliate fees instead.

Message 2 of 22
Kennie02
Frequent Contributor

I am hoping for an auto CLI on my Barclay next month.

I would also like a CLI on my Discover for Christmas shopping since I have 0% interest on purchases until 10/15.
NFCU cash $25k | BofA Custom Cash $25k | Amex BCP $18k| Costco Anywhere $14.5k | Apple Card $5.25k | Cap One QS $4.5k | Sephora Visa $4k | Discover It $3.5k | Citi DC $3.5k | Citi AA Mile Up $3.1k | Chase Amazon $3k | Amex ED $3k | Chase IHG $3k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $2.5k | Chase Freedom $2.5k | Citi Rewards $2k | Last HP 8/16/22
Starting score 09/2013: 530 Current FICO 8:
Credit Age:
New Accounts:
Inq (6/12/24M):
Message 3 of 22
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

I'm a moderate income person with fairly high credit lines, so I don't think I'm ever going to get any more CLIs. I don't need or even want more cards, either. That takes a lot of the fun out of credit watching. I guess all I can aim for are better APRs.

I have a nice 11.24 on Discover, but would like to shoot for 9.9.

I have a crappy 19.99 on CapOne Quicksilver, which they lowered temporarily to 15.xx. I'd like to make that lower rate permanent, then keep trying for more reductions until I'm at 11.xx or lower.

My only long term balances are for 0% balance transfers so it's not like the interest rates really matters. But it's sort of a personal game.

Message 4 of 22
EW800
Valued Contributor

I too am hoping that Capital One will switch to providing a true FICO score. With more and more credit card companies offering true FICO scores, Cap One really is behind the time with their FAKO score, in my opinion.
Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 5 of 22
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Auto CLIs. Especially Capital One. It's been over 6 months since my last one for my Platinum card. 

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. 5% Cashback on restaurants

2. 5% back on any other useful categories: utilities, home improvement, pet care, drug stores, travel (hotels, cruises)

3. Initial bonuses worth $500 or more

Aside from the quarterly cards (Freedom, Discover, CitiDividend), I'm used to having at least one issuer offer good rewards on some special category every quarter.  This year, Q1 was 5% extra on Utilities, Grocery and Movies on my Barclay NFL card,  Q2 was 5x TYP on Groceries, Gas, Pharmacy, Commuter Expenses on my Citi TY Preferred card.  But the second half of the year, zero, zip, nada.  I miss those special targeted offers.

I tried for all my might to get Barclay to waive the annual fee on the Arrival+, to no avail.  Good luck to you.  On the plus side, when I converted it to a fee-free Barclay Rewards card (which gives 2% on select categories, namely Utilities), my remaining points converted 1-1 into the new card, so same result as if I had redeemed them for travel on the Arrival+.  They also promised me a 1,000 point bonus on first use (which I've yet to see; I'll have to call them).  And the 5,000 points I was awaiting for a spending promotion on the Arrival+ did end up getting credited to the Rewards card about a month after the conversion.

Chris. 

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm pretty content with my cards for now but in the future id like to see

1.) SP increase on my Discover card after the 3rd statement, but not holding my breath on this one.
2.) Increases on both Freedom and Sapphire after 6th statements. Plan on requesting SP only since I recently read that actually worked with Chase for someone else here. I might try my luck with sending a SM after the 4th, worse they can say is no Smiley Happy
3.) SP increase on Sallie Mae after 4th statement. Not really necessary since I use it strictly for groceries so $2800 is perfectly fine. No need for gas and I get my books from the library.
4.) Future APR reductions would be nice once the intro periods are over for Discover and Freedom but not a concern for another year at least.

Content for now but any of the above would definitely be appreciated
Message 8 of 22
changingmantra2
Regular Contributor

I tried for all my might to get Barclay to waive the annual fee on the Arrival+, to no avail.  Good luck to you.  On the plus side, when I converted it to a fee-free Barclay Rewards card (which gives 2% on select categories, namely Utilities), my remaining points converted 1-1 into the new card, so same result as if I had redeemed them for travel on the Arrival+.  They also promised me a 1,000 point bonus on first use (which I've yet to see; I'll have to call them).  And the 5,000 points I was awaiting for a spending promotion on the Arrival+ did end up getting credited to the Rewards card about a month after the conversion.

Chris. 

Thanks -  I called again -  It was a no-go on waiving/reducing annual fee, but they did give me a $4,000 SP CLI.   I really enjoy the Arrival +, so I might just fork over the $89.00 and be done with it.   A few months ago  - I was given an extra $25 in reward dollars on my SM as a courtesy - so - I will sooth my hurt feelings by looking at it as a $64.00 fee, instead.  hehehe -

“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.”
― Maya Angelou
Message 9 of 22
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

When my 12th statement closes I would like an auto CLI on the Arrival+ from Barclay.  I've given up hoping for anything from Discover.  Can't complain much since I barley use it except bonus categories.   The $6.5K they started me was my highest CL at that point, and I think it really helped me get in with Barclay.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.