cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Reason Do You Give For CLI For Synchrony?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What Reason Do You Give For CLI For Synchrony?

I am thinking about doing an online chat or contacting Credit Solutions for a CLI on my Wal-Mart card. I was instantly approved for $1200 back in August and my third statement just cut. I have ran about $800 through the card and usually pay $200 payments when I pay. The balance right now is $195/$1200 but this will be payed off before next statement. My question is, what should the reason be? Holiday shopping and don't want to kill utilization or buying big ticket items and want to keep utilization low across the board or should I not even use the utilization reason? I just don't want to go in sounding like an idiot. Thanks in advance for your help!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What Reason Do You Give For CLI For Synchrony?

@Anonymous wrote:
I am thinking about doing an online chat or contacting Credit Solutions for a CLI on my Wal-Mart card. I was instantly approved for $1200 back in August and my third statement just cut. I have ran about $800 through the card and usually pay $200 payments when I pay. The balance right now is $195/$1200 but this will be payed off before next statement. My question is, what should the reason be? Holiday shopping and don't want to kill utilization or buying big ticket items and want to keep utilization low across the board or should I not even use the utilization reason? I just don't want to go in sounding like an idiot. Thanks in advance for your help!

If they don't ask, don't tell.

If they do ask, Tell them you just got a monster bonus and want to shop till you drop. Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha... okay! I guess I will have to call because my chat option has been removed?? Maybe it's because all of the recent chats to increase. The option has always been there but of course I log in this morning and it is nowhere to be found. :/
Message 3 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

chat is only available during certain hours.

check back after 9am ET (now)

and usually they don't ask but if they do depending on store I say new furniture, TV (80"!) new kitchen, blah blah.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, I did not know that! Thank you. I will try now. I'll try the big tv reason if they ask.
Message 5 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Oh, I did not know that! Thank you. I will try now. I'll try the big tv reason if they ask.

also ask for somewhere between $10k-$20k with your request... if it's instantly granted with no counter, you left some on the table!

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well no dice on the increase but that's okay. This account is still fairly new and I'm just really starting on this credit building journey. I will wait until my 4th statement cuts and then use the online option. Thanks for your help!
Message 7 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Well no dice on the increase but that's okay. This account is still fairly new and I'm just really starting on this credit building journey. I will wait until my 4th statement cuts and then use the online option. Thanks for your help!

I couldn't get anything out of Walmart either but Sams countered me at $8k! go figure!

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are so strange sometimes. I'm still wanting the Lowe's card but they hate me. I was recently denied but i feel like applying again just because it made me mad with the denial. My scores are all above 650, no baddies, 100% on time payments but somewhat of a thin file. My utilization is also under 20% across the board. I wish they would stop pulling EX for my lowes apps. TU or EQ would be ideal due to inquiries on EX... everyone pulls EX for me. This card and Discover It are the only other cards I want at this time. I received an invitation to apply for Discover but I'm too chicken and it's not a pre approval. Lol.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.