Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What? Seriously BOFA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What? Seriously BOFA?

Just got the BOFA cash rewards credit card, haven't had it but a week or so, was approved with a small mailer envelope. They sent another one today offering the same card, with an APR 3 percent lower than what I was approved for! I'm like, seriously? That kinda got under my skin a bit. It's there anything I can do about this? Was just wondering. Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: What? Seriously BOFA?

@Anonymous wrote:
Just got the BOFA cash rewards credit card, haven't had it but a week or so, was approved with a small mailer envelope. They sent another one today offering the same card, with an APR 3 percent lower than what I was approved for! I'm like, seriously? That kinda got under my skin a bit. It's there anything I can do about this? Was just wondering. Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately not really anything you can do - they won't lower your APR until your 0% promo ends anyway. After it expires you can ask about having the ongoing APR lowered (which BOA is often amenable to).

That said, since you're under 0%, it's really irrelevant for the next 12 months.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

all my BofA cards come w 0% APR for first 12 months 

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

That wasn't what this was concerning but um okay Smiley Very Happy
Message 4 of 14
Blodreina
Established Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Unfortunately not really anything you can do - they won't lower your APR until your 0% promo ends anyway. After it expires you can ask about having the ongoing APR lowered (which BOA is often amenable to).

That said, since you're under 0%, it's really irrelevant for the next 12 months.

I got mine lowered, and I'm still within my 0% period.  Granted, I have 6+ months of payment history with the card.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

That would make sense
Message 6 of 14
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Even if they do lower it before the promo expires, you have to ask yourself if it really matters. I usually just opt to worry about it when a promotion expires.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very true, I was just inquiring. I was approved for a $900 credit limit, so I'm just happy to be in with BOFA!! Smiley Very Happy
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's pretty effed up. I would call and tell them about the other offer then see if they'd match it. Couldn't hurt.  Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

If that card stays maxed it's only a $2.25 difference and, if you're currently maxed (not saying you are or will be) then you have other things to worry about instead of two dollar menu items.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.