Did you mean: 

What Should I Do Next?

tag
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

Re: What Should I Do Next?

Update -

SDFC is paid off, well it has $8 on it.

Next up is the Capital One Secured ($529). I may have to pay it off in two steps, once before the due date and again before statement cut.

I'm going to try to hit the QS1 with $100 and maybe half off the Logix by months end.

We'll see how my scores rebound and that will determine my next move.

Message 11 of 19
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

Bump -

Just paid off the securd Capital One. I ran up the SDFC card a bit, but that's okay. 

Next week, I will likely attack the QS1

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are most of your high balances from? I'm not judging at all.

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought you were going to be aggressively paying off the cards?

Message 14 of 19
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I thought you were going to be aggressively paying off the cards?

Hmmm -

Capital One QS1 - $2000/$1936  Payment of $100 was made 3/17

Capital One Platinum Secured - $529/$0 Payment of $100 was made 3/17; Automatic charges totaling $68.64 was made on 3/24, confirmed entire balance paid 4/1 ($519)

SDFC Platinum Secured - $275/$15.00 Payment of $261 was made on 3/17, charges of $251 have been made since then. I found myself cash poor for about a week

Merrick - $700/$713 Payment of $82 was made 3/4 it was what was left after returning from Brazil, I will pay this down to at least half this month the overage is interest

Logix - $500/$469 Payment of $30 was made on 3/25

There some things I could mention that prevented me from paying it down more, but I am fortunate enough to have had my biggest output from ride share ($2150) considering I do it only on the weekend (Thur/Fri/Sat). I needed it because the minute I returned from Brazil my car payment and insurance was due for Feb. So with one month's output I paid on my cards once and my vehicle TWICE ($1058).

This month I will likely pay off Logix, cut the balance of the Merrick in half, pay off the SDFC again and try to knock $500 off the QS1, maybe more.

By May I should be able to pay off the QS1 and finish off the Merrick. 

Message 15 of 19
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was hording cash and paying the min payment from about Sept 2015 until now.

I didn't buy anything if that's what your asking. Just normal stuff, you know food, gas...

About $1,600 of the balance is related to my trip.

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dj4Money wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was hording cash and paying the min payment from about Sept 2015 until now.

I didn't buy anything if that's what your asking. Just normal stuff, you know food, gas...

About $1,600 of the balance is related to my trip.

Oh, ok. Then you got this! It should all be paid off soon. Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 19
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

Bump -

I will pay off th Logix after I get my next direct deposit from Uber. I could do it now, but I don't know when Mercury is going to hit me for my insurance payment.

Merrick is due the 13th of every month and the SDFCU is due two days later (15th).

The SDFCU doesn't graduate but I figure with two or three months of vigrious use, they will give me an unsecured card which would allow me to close this secured card and get my deposit back.

Merrick's card will double from $700 to $1,400 after seven payments which will happen this August. So I'm not in that much of a hurry to pay it down as 9% of my total utilization is $360.36 or a little more than half of the card's limit.

So it's looking like I could spend all of May on the Quick Silver and get it down to under $1,000 on the balance, giving me around $2,700 of $4,004 by the end of May.

That would leave about $1,300 or half of the Merrick and half of the QS1 to pay. June is when I will go after EX/TU/EQ to delete my repo that set to age off in July. 

First half of June I will pay the QS1 off, pay off the SDFCU off (daily driver for now), wait for the changes to register and then go on my first real app spree, stay tuned.

Message 18 of 19
jeffery581
Established Contributor

What ever method you prefer. I see no difference in all the ideas and suggestions regarding getting out of debt. Get a second job, have a garage sale, ect... and pay pay pay.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.