Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Should I do?

tag
tdrjustus3
Regular Contributor

Re: What Should I do?

Thanks for the advice. I belong to a credit union and I refinanced my auto loan earlier this year which was my first indication that my scores across the board could qualify me for a home loan so that became my priority.  Now that I am almost there maybe I can try to get a cc through them with a decent limit let it age and the baddies fall off and try for the majors next year summer.  I will get my UTI down this month and see where my scores are.  Any more suggestions or guidance?

No apps until 8/2014
March 2013 Starting FICO Score: EQ: 584 TU: 564 EX: ??
August 2013 Current FICO Scores: EQ:664 EX:684 Walmart TU: 666
Message 21 of 31
myjourney
Super Contributor

@tdrjustus3 wrote:

Thanks for the advice. I belong to a credit union and I refinanced my auto loan earlier this year which was my first indication that my scores across the board could qualify me for a home loan so that became my priority.  Now that I am almost there maybe I can try to get a cc through them with a decent limit let it age and the baddies fall off and try for the majors next year summer.  I will get my UTI down this month and see where my scores are.  Any more suggestions or guidance?

Perfect plan

Get a CC from CU use it for 6 months or until baddies fall off ...apply for prime cards 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 22 of 31
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Pay off your current credit cards before you apply for more. It is the best thing you can do for your chances and credit limits.

Message 23 of 31
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Your charge offs are all pretty old. I would make a good effort to get them deleted. Maybe off to pay the difference between the settle price and the actual total debt. These items are close to falling off and the fact that you were  approved for a mortgage should offset some of the negatives on manual review. I got cards with one settled for less with a ton of lates on it but 3 may be different. The great news is that you arent really far from these all falling off. A couple years may seem like a long time but yours are gonna fall off 2 years before mine does so you are lucky in that way. Good luck. I would give it a shot. By the time these drop off any HPs you incur will be gone or close to gone... 

Message 24 of 31
Ficoaddict2012
Established Member

I had 3 unpaid chargeoffs when i got my zync, only w/ psl though and 2 CO when i applied for bce, another low limit .. But amex can be weird
Message 25 of 31
tdrjustus3
Regular Contributor

Great news! I just spoke with my CU and was approved for a CC with a 5000 CL. The best part is no new HP she used my HP from a couple of months ago when I refi my auto loan. This will help my UTI. I am off to the garden for at least 6 months.

No apps until 8/2014
Message 26 of 31
manwoot
Frequent Contributor

@tdrjustus3 wrote:
Great news! I just spoke with my CU and was approved for a CC with a 5000 CL. The best part is no new HP she used my HP from a couple of months ago when I refi my auto loan. This will help my UTI. I am off to the garden for at least 6 months.

Congrats!  That $5,000 CL will also look great when you try applying for some prime cards from Chase and AmEx!

Message 27 of 31
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 28 of 31
tdrjustus3
Regular Contributor

Thanks for all the support.  I never thought I would be a homeowner and have multiple CCs in good standing.  This forum is amazing and everyone is so supportive.

No apps until 8/2014
Message 29 of 31
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You are doing great! I would still write those GW letters to get the paid COs off your report.

Keep us posted.
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.