Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What The Heck Is Up With BoA???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What The Heck Is Up With BoA???

Well, I went to the BoA website and just for the heck of it, I went to their pre-approved offers to see if I "qualified" for one of their cards.  Surprise, surprise!  They tell me, "We're sorry but we're unable to offer you a card at this time", and suggest I apply for a secured card!

Up theirs!!!Smiley Mad  This, from a woman with NO lates in about 10 friggin' years, uti at 8% and whose real FICO scores are:

TransUniuon  779
Equifax          760
Experian        738

I just got a new Citi card with a 14k limit and they have the audacity to offer me a "secured" card?  Secured their you-know-what!Smiley Very Happy
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What The Heck Is Up With BoA???

Their must've been a glitch, maybe you inputted your Soc or something incorrectly?  Cause that just ain't right!!
Message 2 of 14
oneloveforall_2000
Frequent Contributor

BOA is a son ****, they are not all that!! did the samething to me, and i got discover
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

MsQueenB wrote:
Well, I went to the BoA website and just for the heck of it, I went to their pre-approved offers to see if I "qualified" for one of their cards.  Surprise, surprise!  They tell me, "We're sorry but we're unable to offer you a card at this time", and suggest I apply for a secured card!

Up theirs!!!Smiley Mad  This, from a woman with NO lates in about 10 friggin' years, uti at 8% and whose real FICO scores are:

TransUniuon  779
Equifax          760
Experian        738

I just got a new Citi card with a 14k limit and they have the audacity to offer me a "secured" card?  Secured their you-know-what!Smiley Very Happy

Thank God it wasn't just me.... Smiley Very Happy....  I did it for giggles too and got the same response .   Absolutely clean report too

TU 742
Eq 793
EX 768
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

we are not alone!  they suck.. i canceled my credit card with them. i don't care if they are prime

gave my husband a nice credit line increase and told me NO, something about my salary and credit . were in line for my credit line of 2K were good enough. I kidd you not! Keep in mind I make about 25K more a year than my hubby.

plus a ton of other crap they have done to me in the past. i will never carry their cards again

my credit lines above 10K, what wil i do with 2K and no increases.

they are a good card to build your credit. i had the world points card...JOKE!!
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I'm glad to see I'm not alone because I was starting to feel paranoid!Smiley Very Happy

Besides, I have checking accounts with WAMU ( love them for about 15 years now) and Wells Fargo but NOT BoA.  I didn't like that they were the largest US bank in South Africa many years ago and refused to do business with them and now I have another reason to hate them!Smiley Mad
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

i feel you on that, they screwed me a long time ago with a checking and savings account i had to close the account because of drama. they refused to waive a NSF fee.  I deposited cash and they process the payment before the cash.  The bank they took over was being sued for doing the same thing.

iasked them as a goodwill gesture not to make me pay the 29 dollar fee, they said no.  they guy claimed to be the vp customer service. he turned me down flat!  I told them to close my accounts. he tells me I only have $54 bucks and they will "gladly" return my money.  so i got smart and said give me my $24K plus while he was at it.  Amazing how his mood changed and he wanted to waive the fee.

They are full of stuff!!!
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you opted out? If you are then that's why. They can't give you pre-approval offers if you are opted out.
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

db23 wrote:
Are you opted out? If you are then that's why. They can't give you pre-approval offers if you are opted out.

I'm not opted out though I should be the way Chase and Discover waste their mail on me  Smiley Wink
Message 9 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe that's what it was. I'm opted out. I don't have the shiny history of the others here, but my scores are semi-respectable, and I was pretty amused at being offered a secured card. Better not get an inq off this, is all I can say.

Did we all read the same thread with the link? We must have all gone there at the same time!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.