Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What To Do??

tag
NiNoMArksLA
Contributor

What To Do??

Hey Fourm i paid off all my credit cards and most of them reported and only 2 didnt gotta wait intill 24th intill it dose so i was wonding once they are all showed $0 Balances can i ask my Wal-Mart Card to get a better CL and Macys do you think i will have a better Chance and i dont want any new INQS on Report Still Garding wanna buy a new SUV in 6 months and my BOFA SECURED at $300 should i make it $1,000 Limt but thats a HP is it worth it? 

And Thanks for all your help 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Re: What To Do??

If wally world now has zero i bet your chances on cli will be better Smiley Wink alays good to show credits you can bring it down to zero Smiley Happy great work!

Is increasin your bofa limit going to result in hp? Is not then i would increase the limit yo show in your crs. If hp then i would hang tight since your looking to buy car soon

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 2 of 8
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

welcome to the forums and lay down on our consultation bed/couch
and tell us ur story
let's start from the beginning what is your credit report status?
any good? any bad reports? Collections? AAOA

how many inquiries?

I believe if it's SP for CLI then you can go for it but if it's HP it's your decision
if you can handle the Hardie yes but If you dont want any new inquiries NO

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 3 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@NiNoMArksLA wrote:

Hey Fourm i paid off all my credit cards and most of them reported and only 2 didnt gotta wait intill 24th intill it dose so i was wonding once they are all showed $0 Balances can i ask my Wal-Mart Card to get a better CL and Macys do you think i will have a better Chance and i dont want any new INQS on Report Still Garding wanna buy a new SUV in 6 months and my BOFA SECURED at $300 should i make it $1,000 Limt but thats a HP is it worth it? 

The Wallmart CC should be SP for CLI.  Macys can result in HP if your account was not recently SP'd for AR purposes but the jury is out on this since it can be 50/50.  The BofA secured CC will be HP.  The decision depends on your goals.  While auto financing is a big ticket item, but unlike a mortgage which would require more long term planning, some folks may have a conservative approach and may advise to hold off on HPs (again all depending on what the current state of your CR profile reflects).  Others may recommend to go ahead and take the HPs now... it's really all up to you.

Message 4 of 8
NiNoMArksLA
Contributor

no lates no bads no collections 

AAOA 1 year:9 months

IQS alot like 20 all around like 10 from first time getting car back in December 

other from cards but i didnt app for a while i think i might hold off on the car loan in couple months might just wait intill next year for credit to get more better!!

dont know my scores yet last known TU 595 EX 560 EQ 575 but all my cards was over limts and UTL was 100% but know UTL is around 2% 

i think i might be in the mid 600 like 660 650 maybe i dont know 

Message 5 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@NiNoMArksLA wrote:

no lates no bads no collections 

AAOA 1 year:9 months

IQS alot like 20 all around like 10 from first time getting car back in December 

other from cards but i didnt app for a while i think i might hold off on the car loan in couple months might just wait intill next year for credit to get more better!!

dont know my scores yet last known TU 595 EX 560 EQ 575 but all my cards was over limts and UTL was 100% but know UTL is around 2% 

i think i might be in the mid 600 like 660 650 maybe i dont know 

Based on what you've provided above, the 1st step is to check your current scores for all 3.  However, given the number of inquiries on your CRs, the CLI outlook may look a bit sketchy.

Message 6 of 8
missjae
Established Contributor

@NiNoMArksLA wrote:

If you hit the love button for an increase on your GE Walmart card, the approval/denial may be based off the last SP they have for you.  For example, I requested a CLI on my Lowe's card on 7/19.  They denied it based on a report they pulled on 4/25.  I called credit solutions and was able to get the increase through them.  Either way, the increase will be a soft pull, so you don't have to worry about inquiries, but you may have to call if they have an old report.

Message 7 of 8
azguy13
Senior Contributor

If I were you, I would go for any CLI that is ONLY a SP. Keep in mind that any INQs for auto loans made within 30 days of each other are calculated into your FICO score as only one inq. All of them will show, but it will act as one. Also, FICO only calculates INQs into scores for a year but they will stay on your report for 2 years. 

I agree with the above poster; pull all 3 of your FICO scores/reports and you will have a much better idea of what you can and cannot get. I would stay away from any HPs until you app for the auto loan. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.