Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Triggered Capital One To Send Me Balance Checks

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What Triggered Capital One To Send Me Balance Checks

I have been with Capital One for a year now, or a little over. They've sent balance checks for both my credit card accounts with them. One offer is 0% 12 month and the other 3.99% for 24 months. Is this offer random?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: What Triggered Capital One To Send Me Balance Checks

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been with Capital One for a year now, or a little over. They've send balance checks for both my credit card accounts with them. One offer's 0% 12 month and the other 3.99% for 24 months. Is this offer random?

Almost certainly nearly random.   I get them all the time, whether I use my card or not.

Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the information! Question for you. Why do you quote me if you are the first to respond? I'm just curious.

Message 3 of 25
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the information! Question for you. Why do you quote me if you are the first to respond? I'm just curious.

I know this question isn't directed to me, but I can provide an answer as to why I always 'quote' when I reply... it's because on more active threads by the time you get your reply typed out sometimes three or four (or even more) people can reply.

Without using the 'quote' feature, it gets really confusing for others to figure out who you're replying to.  Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I know this question isn't directed to me, but I can provide an answer as to why I always 'quote' when I reply... it's because on more active threads by the time you get your reply typed out sometimes three or four (or even more) people can reply.

Without using the 'quote' feature, it gets really confusing for others to figure out who you're replying to.  Smiley Wink

If I opt out of prescreen [optoutprescreen], would it prevent them from sending me these offers? 

Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Normal for Cap One.  I just did one BT and went very smoothly.  I get these checks about every 2 weeks between all of my accounts.

Message 6 of 25
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

If I opt out of prescreen [optoutprescreen], would it prevent them from sending me these offers? 

Opting out of prescreening with the credit bureaus only keeps you from getting prequalified for new accounts.  The BT checks you get from Capital One are completely different.

I've never done it, but if you call Capital One directly they can probably flag your account to not get the checks in the future.

Message 7 of 25
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Marketing is what triggered it.
Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditguy wrote:
Marketing is what triggered it.

Which is random, as I suspected.

Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

What triggered it?

A pulse.

Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.