Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Up With Capital One Payment

tag
AutoBot
Established Contributor

What Up With Capital One Payment

How flipping long does it take to update the account? Made payment on 18th and on the 22nd nothing reflected yet? Smiley Mad

Looking at my QS account......

Available Credit: $0.00
Credit Line: $2,000
Last Statement Balance: $160.47 (as of May 19, 2016)

Last Payment: $1,626.72 (posted May 18, 2016)

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: What Up With Capital One Payment

How old is the account? if it is a newer accounnt, they may be holding the payment, as it is a large one

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

that always happens on the weekend. the payment will hit your bank account on monday morning.

Message 3 of 20
CatOfSpades
Frequent Contributor

I understand. It takes a few days for payments to hit the bank, but I always see the payments reflected in my credit accounts the next day. I haven't had a Capital One card in a few years. I don't remember what it was like, but this would annoy me, too. 

♠Queen of Spades♠
Apple Card MC $10,000
BofA Cash Rewards VS $10,000
5/3 Cash/Back WEMC $10,000
Discover IT $7,500
Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes mine can take a few days.
Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

My payments go thru instantly to Cap1, but that is mostly because I use their mm savings and pay from there.  I have the same problem with my other cards though, payments aren't fast enough for me..lol.  Also like others have said, the weekend always slows stuff down Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 20
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Well it's monday morning and still no change to my account. Good grief CAP1.

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I know this is a JOKE right?

Monday a.m. is the same Sunday...we, adults all know 'that' much!

The reason, I use my LOC on Friday after bank cut-off is B/C although I received the cash the accounting doesn't happen until the next BUSINESS day which Monday and NO of course it's Monday freaking morning....

It will process at Night, just like all the other 'business' transactions that happen on THAT business day...gives me a FREE loan B/C weekends don't count, there open to provide SERVICE to clients, with the understanding that
Friday after cut-off in many cases WILL process like a Monday payment (even though you get an on time check off, over the w/e) the Fed isn't open till Monday so 'bank-wise' the w/e or a holiday really might not count internationally until the next Biz day

Which means banking batching (normally done during the overnight) not oh OK it's X o'clock (nobody's back these making doughnuts or coffee... It ain't Dunkin or 7-11)

We need to read and pay attention to the TOS and funding notices BEFORE we run stuff up and then NEED to funds available, like a junkie waiting for a fixSmiley Wink

I'm jk around but seriously, this is finance 101 stuff, that's been pretty much the same since,we did away with 'banker's hours' (Where banks used to just close by 2-3 in the afternoon and best of luck on Saturday and you must be crazy on Sunday) and that's like 30 years... This is new!
Message 8 of 20
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Ok, but my payment was processed on my account page last Wednesday the 18th.

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's odd. I'd say it's either because the card is new or because of the payment amount. Can you call/chat and see what's going on?
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.