cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Was The First Credit Card In Your Name?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What Was The First Credit Card In Your Name?

HEY! I was a Who's Who Among American High School Students in '99! Didn't get ny CC offer. Do you still have the book?! Mine is around here somewhere.
Message 21 of 143
FantumGrey
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
HEY! I was a Who's Who Among American High School Students in '99! Didn't get ny CC offer. Do you still have the book?! Mine is around here somewhere.

Yep, I still do actually. It's collecting dust on a bookshelf in my childhood bedroom.

Message 22 of 143
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@fused wrote:
Some of you may know this but this Sears card I got, well, it was the first of many defaults. So question could also be, what ever happened to your first card. Is it still open or closed? Or did you do like me?Smiley Sad

Well, didn't default, but when I look at my reports, I have a 30-day on one of the two reports that show this card. I'd say it was the usual--I got behind, they called to complain, I paid over the phone, and asked them to close the card! tra-la
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 23 of 143
Niki9
Regular Contributor

I was an AU on my mom's gold Visa (that was my bill to pay)  That got me instant credit at mervyns and then there was the many applications at college.

Message 24 of 143
dizzier
Established Contributor

macys

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 25 of 143
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo while on Active Duty -

$500 CL - WF ended up closing it and I paid it off with Tax refund- so that was 92 -
IF I still had it my longest acct would be 17 years instead of 12.
Message 26 of 143
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

My first was Saks Fifth Avenue, opened in 1978, when I was 21.  The account is still active--it really does wonders for my length of credit history. 
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 27 of 143
Anonymous
Not applicable

This thread brings back memories.  I still remember the days when you just handed your card to the cashier and they place the card in a metal machine that would imprint your card onto a triplicate carbon sales slip.  They hardly ever called in to check on your card.  Does anyone remember those old manual machines they used?
Message 28 of 143
ccaddict
Regular Contributor

Way back in May 07. Smiley Tongue

BoA student card, hah..
Message 29 of 143
kclb
Regular Contributor

Um. Capital One back in 1998 when I was 18.

Smiley Tongue

-
EX - 677 | EQ - 714 | TU - 724 as of December 4, 2013.
-
CC - Bank Of Hawaii - Hawaiian Airlines - $1500 / AMEX - Costco - $1200 (Nov '13) / Discover IT - $1200 / Aloha Pacific Credit Union - $3000 / AMEX - Blue - $6500 (authorized user) / Chase - CSP - $5000 (Dec '13)
-
Closed Accounts - AMEX Platinum.
Message 30 of 143
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.