cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Was The First Credit Card In Your Name?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What Was The First Credit Card In Your Name?

moonman wrote:
what the heck that supposed to mean?

Anderson wrote:
Montgomery Wards aka Monkey Wards

Don't know how many people are from the southwest, like me but Montgomery Wards was always referred to as Monkey Ward, Target was referred to as Target' and of course good old Jacque Pine' or JC Penneys

Message 61 of 143
Kooliad
Regular Contributor

I had a Sears and Firestone card back in 86' with 1000CL on both.
Message 62 of 143
moonman
Frequent Contributor

i 'm from texas(fort worth) and i have never heard that phrase(even as a kid) before and wards was really big here growing up.but hey i truly understand now.no prob.peace.

@Anonymous wrote:

moonman wrote: what the heck that supposed to mean?

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't know how many people are from the southwest, like me but Montgomery Wards was always referred to as Monkey Ward, Target was referred to as Target' and of course good old Jacque Pine' or JC Penneys

Message 63 of 143
Anonymous
Not applicable

moonman wrote:
i 'm from texas(fort worth) and i have never heard that phrase(even as a kid) before and wards was really big here growing up.but hey i truly understand now.no prob.peace.

Brammy wrote:

Anderson wrote:

Nice to meet you I'm from Dallas

Message 64 of 143
moonman
Frequent Contributor

hello neighbor.......nice to meet you too and i hope you having a great holiday.smile

@Anonymous wrote:

moonman wrote: i 'm from texas(fort worth) and i have never heard that phrase(even as a kid) before and wards was really big here growing up.but hey i truly understand now.no prob.peace.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice to meet you I'm from Dallas

Message 65 of 143
Anonymous
Not applicable

moonman wrote:
hello neighbor.......nice to meet you too and i hope you having a great holiday.smile

Long way from home right now but will be going to see Granny for her b'day at Christmas.

Message 66 of 143
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine was actually a Discover Card!  That was back in 1996, I was a college freshman, and I dont think they were quite as picky back then!!!
Message 67 of 143
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
This thread brings back memories. I still remember the days when you just handed your card to the cashier and they place the card in a metal machine that would imprint your card onto a triplicate carbon sales slip. They hardly ever called in to check on your card. Does anyone remember those old manual machines they used?

Absolutely! They made this great "crunch, crunch" sound. And a lot of store cards were different sizes from the usual. My mother had a Goldsmith's card that was as wide as a standard card, but only about 2/3 as tall.

After a while, the raised numbers on the cards would start to wear off, and you'd have to replace it, because the account number wouldn't go on the carbons properly.

I
Message 68 of 143
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
This thread brings back memories. I still remember the days when you just handed your card to the cashier and they place the card in a metal machine that would imprint your card onto a triplicate carbon sales slip. They hardly ever called in to check on your card. Does anyone remember those old manual machines they used?

Absolutely! They made this great "crunch, crunch" sound. And a lot of store cards were different sizes from the usual. My mother had a Goldsmith's card that was as wide as a standard card, but only about 2/3 as tall.

After a while, the raised numbers on the cards would start to wear off, and you'd have to replace it, because the account number wouldn't go on the carbons properly.

I remember that with the numbers wearing off (lol),  My Buffum's card was that way (wide but very short)!
Message 69 of 143
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap 1.  It is still haunting me ...........  If I only knew then what I know now I would be in much better shape today.
Message 70 of 143
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.