Regular Contributor

Re: What Was The First Credit Card In Your Name?

HEY! I was a Who's Who Among American High School Students in '99! Didn't get ny CC offer. Do you still have the book?! Mine is around here somewhere.
New Contributor

berraco58 wrote:
HEY! I was a Who's Who Among American High School Students in '99! Didn't get ny CC offer. Do you still have the book?! Mine is around here somewhere.

Yep, I still do actually. It's collecting dust on a bookshelf in my childhood bedroom.

Starting Score: TU: 682, EQ: 653 (2/22/2012)
Current Score: TU: 682, EQ: 653
Goal Score: TU: 750, EQ: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Wallet: Citi Forward - $11.9k/$11.4k, Citi mtvU - $11k, Discover More - $11k, Cap One - $7,300/$1,450/$550, Chase Freedom - $6k, Chase AGR - $1,200
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor

fused wrote:
Some of you may know this but this Sears card I got, well, it was the first of many defaults. So question could also be, what ever happened to your first card. Is it still open or closed? Or did you do like me?Smiley Sad

Well, didn't default, but when I look at my reports, I have a 30-day on one of the two reports that show this card. I'd say it was the usual--I got behind, they called to complain, I paid over the phone, and asked them to close the card! tra-la
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Regular Contributor

I was an AU on my mom's gold Visa (that was my bill to pay)  That got me instant credit at mervyns and then there was the many applications at college.
Established Contributor

macys

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Moderator Emeritus

Wells Fargo while on Active Duty -

$500 CL - WF ended up closing it and I paid it off with Tax refund- so that was 92 -
IF I still had it my longest acct would be 17 years instead of 12.
Moderator Emeritus

My first was Saks Fifth Avenue, opened in 1978, when I was 21.  The account is still active--it really does wonders for my length of credit history. 
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Established Member

This thread brings back memories.  I still remember the days when you just handed your card to the cashier and they place the card in a metal machine that would imprint your card onto a triplicate carbon sales slip.  They hardly ever called in to check on your card.  Does anyone remember those old manual machines they used?
Regular Contributor

Way back in May 07. Smiley Tongue

BoA student card, hah..
Regular Contributor

Um. Capital One back in 1998 when I was 18.

Smiley Tongue

-
EX - 677 | EQ - 714 | TU - 724 as of December 4, 2013.
-
CC - Bank Of Hawaii - Hawaiian Airlines - $1500 / AMEX - Costco - $1200 (Nov '13) / Discover IT - $1200 / Aloha Pacific Credit Union - $3000 / AMEX - Blue - $6500 (authorized user) / Chase - CSP - $5000 (Dec '13)
-
Closed Accounts - AMEX Platinum.
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.