Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Would Happen If Everyone PIF?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What Would Happen If Everyone PIF?

Mimosa wrote:

The only time I will carry a balance is if it is at 0% and I always have the money to pay it off if I needed to before the time period is up.

The 12-21 months 0% interest is still a trap to get people into debt because no one can predict what the future holds for them no matter how good their intentions were in the beginning. The safest way is to PIF at all times.

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's easy to fall into the trap of not PIF each month. Interest isn't "that much" and they get shiney new stuff right away
Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a PSA here. Thank you to everyone who carries a balance and pays high interest rates. I PIF and I appreciate the free money that you allow the banks to give me. Please continue what you are doing. My wallet thanks you!
Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was doing the same until I put some furniture on them.  Had my chandeliers on RH for 12 mos same as cash promo and had to pay 1800 & 1400 the last 2 months to avoid a lot of interest!  Was kind of shocked at how much!  Doing some other promos as well now.  Good way to use their money for a bit and not pay a penny.  But what happens to the others who can't make those last payments?  And that makes the cc's go around. Smiley Wink

@Anonymous wrote:

I always PIF. The only time I will carry a balance is if it is at 0% and I always have the money to pay it off if I needed to before the time period is up. I have never understood why some people  pay so much in interest buying things they don't need and can't afford. 

If everyone paid in full the rewards would probably stop, but it would be a good thing if more people could stay out of debt.

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with Johnnyconsumer lol!
Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Just a PSA here. Thank you to everyone who carries a balance and pays high interest rates. I PIF and I appreciate the free money that you allow the banks to give me. Please continue what you are doing. My wallet thanks you!

Goos one!  Woman Very Happy

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Was doing the same until I put some furniture on them.  Had my chandeliers on RH for 12 mos same as cash promo and had to pay 1800 & 1400 the last 2 months to avoid a lot of interest!  Was kind of shocked at how much!  Doing some other promos as well now.  Good way to use their money for a bit and not pay a penny.  But what happens to the others who can't make those last payments?  And that makes the cc's go around. Smiley Wink

@Anonymous wrote:

I always PIF. The only time I will carry a balance is if it is at 0% and I always have the money to pay it off if I needed to before the time period is up. I have never understood why some people  pay so much in interest buying things they don't need and can't afford. 

If everyone paid in full the rewards would probably stop, but it would be a good thing if more people could stay out of debt.

Good point. Life happens sometimes. I really hate paying interest, but enjoy earning the cash back. 

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mimosa wrote:

Good point. Life happens sometimes. I really hate paying interest, but enjoy earning the cash back. 

And hopefully the cash back rewards, which really should be called rebates, doesn't encourage you to spend more than you would have if you had to depart with your very own cash.

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

And hopefully the cash back rewards, which really should be called rebates, doesn't encourage you to spend more than you would have if you had to depart with your very own cash.

I don't know why there isn't a class taught in school about how to use credit cards the right way, the negatives of using credit cards the wrong way, and how to take advantage of the banks by utilizing credit card rewards and perks to their advantage. 

Message 19 of 22
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Unicorns would once again run free if everyone PIF.....

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.