Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a MESS with Discover!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What a MESS with Discover!

@Mattopotamus wrote:
Do you plan to carry a balance? Would you at 16%. If not, what does it matter?

This is the way I see it. I couldn't tell you the APR of any of my cards honestly... 

Message 11 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mattopotamus wrote:
Do you plan to carry a balance? Would you at 16%. If not, what does it matter?

No I don't plan on keeping a balance on the card per say but it still doesn't take away the shock of seeing such a high APR.   I think most people that pay in full still try to get APR's at a great rate.  I think the frustration compounded when I re-apped and got the not approved message resulting in more than likely another HP.

Message 12 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
when you said the new app got declined i knew it was because of previous approval. TBH if you wait out the 0% period they will lower your APR after a year. granted i know it sucks knowing you have "starter credit" APR but, the way i see it, you have two options:
1) either fight with them and (likely) get your way and a 16.24% after some time
2) stick to your original approval and get an APR reduction probably to 20% or something because it'll be forgotten about

Yea I'm gonna get some feedback and obviously wait to get the card in as well.  I'm not trying to be stubborn about it but I was thinking of applying Amex and then waiting on Discover for 2017.  However as soon as I decided to go ahead and join Discover,  the APR I get seems to not be as welcoming.

I know how my APR's were when I started on this site in Jan 2015.  I know the journey and time I've put in to improve my credit and it shows now and that's satisfying to say the least.  I know every lender is different and perhaps my expectation when joining shoulda been lowered.

Message 13 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

do APRs really matter to those who PIF? no. but does a high APR still piss you off? usually. why not go lower if you can. it's not like people ask to get a higher APR.
Message 14 of 36
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
do APRs really matter to those who PIF? no. but does a high APR still piss you off? usually. why not go lower if you can. it's not like people ask to get a higher APR.

Except in general all interactions are noted, and can play in to "Is this a profitable customer?"   I would rather save interactions for things that I really need, rather than lowering a figure that has no impact to me.

Message 15 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

sure. but, just because they're "noted", doesn't mean they're used in deciding factors. otherwise discover would mail me a gift card for how often i compliment them lol Smiley Wink
Message 16 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rough start, but it'll all work out in the end.

Message 17 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Rough start, but it'll all work out in the end.

Yea I've had way too many positives the last few days so I don't need to complain too much.  Was just disappointed is all.   

However it's Friday so hooray Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 36
orl2185
Established Contributor

Intro purchase APR is 0% for 12 months from date of account opening ; then the standard purchase APR applies. 

I'm just saying.Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

and what exactly are you just saying??
Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.