Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a difference a year makes!!

tag
mbj81380
Established Member

What a difference a year makes!!

Last year, I couldn't get approved for anything except a secured Capital One card with a $200 limit.  Today, I was approved for an Amex with a $4500 limit!  I'm completely shocked and will happily go into the garden for a while!  Here is a list of my current cards that I defintiely couldn't have gotten without these boards:

Discover More:  1k (was $500, just got a tiny increase)

Old Navy Visa:  2k (was a regular store card with a $300 limit, just got upgraded)

Amex Blue:  4.5k (still a little shocked about this one!)

Victorias Secret:  500

Express: 250

I'm very content right now, Amex was my ultimate goal!

Current Scores: 680 Credit Karma, 721 Credit Sesame, 705 MyFico, 715 Discover CMS
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: What a difference a year makes!!

You're well on your way now! Grats!

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 2 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS!!!!

How long did you have the old navy store card before upgrade?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 15
mbj81380
Established Member

I got the Old Navy card in September and they refused to give me credit limits.  I finally decided to stop asking!!  I never got one until I logged in to pay my bill and a pop-up said I was approved for the visa upgrade.  So weird that they wouldn't budge past $300 for 9 months and then all of a sudden they decided to bump me up like that. 

Current Scores: 680 Credit Karma, 721 Credit Sesame, 705 MyFico, 715 Discover CMS
Message 4 of 15
2NE1
Established Contributor

Congrats! Smiley Very Happy

So you ended up closing your CapOne secured card?
Message 5 of 15
CS800
Super Contributor

I year sure makes a big difference. I can relate Smiley Happy

I'm eager to see my ON converted into a VISA.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!!  NOW -- just think where you'll be this time NEXT year!!!  Smiley Very Happy  

Message 7 of 15
mbj81380
Established Member

I closed my Capital One card before the annual fee hit.  Unfortunately, that was my oldest account, but it was still only a year old.  I'm ok taking a hit on my AAoA in the name of bigger and better credit right now!

Update:  My itchy finger just applied and was approved for the Chase DIsney Premier Visa....2k temporary limit.  I think I'm done for a little while!!!

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Unless you have a baddie, one year is enough to get to the prime cards, especially at the beginning of credit journey

Message 9 of 15
mbj81380
Established Member

I don't have any baddies on my reports, just a thin file.  Now that I have an Amex, Discover and the Chase Disney, I'm completely content to lay off everything for a while!!  Eventually I want an airline card, but I'll wait a little while for that one.  It's so nice to be automatically approved for cards after getting rejected so often!!

Into the garden I go!!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.