Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a polite reason for decline

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

What a polite reason for decline

What a polite reason to decline my app for Plum Card.

-------------------

We have received your application for the PLUM CardSM from American Express.  We have reviewed it, but unfortunately we will not be able to approve your request at this time.  Here are the specific reasons for our decision:

Our records indicate that your credit line was recently reduced on one or more of your American Express accounts.

----------------------

When I asked for the product change the converted my Oasis card to Clear. Then they reduced my CL of $5k that I had on my Oasis to $1k on Clear. Then they decline my app because my account was recently CLD'd by Amex. What a polite reason to decline.......Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: What a polite reason for decline

lol, pretzel logic!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 7
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

What a polite reason to decline my app for Plum Card.

-------------------

We have received your application for the PLUM CardSM from American Express.  We have reviewed it, but unfortunately we will not be able to approve your request at this time.  Here are the specific reasons for our decision:

Our records indicate that your credit line was recently reduced on one or more of your American Express accounts.

----------------------

When I asked for the product change the converted my Oasis card to Clear. Then they reduced my CL of $5k that I had on my Oasis to $1k on Clear. Then they decline my app because my account was recently CLD'd by Amex. What a polite reason to decline.......Smiley Wink

Ummmm....ok Smiley Surprised

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 3 of 7
Want2BDebtFreeNow
New Contributor

I recently asked for a CLI just to test the waters and see what they would say, I got the letter in the mail and it says I was denied for the following reasons:

Proportion of revolving balances to revolving credit limits is too high. - True

Length of time accounts have been estrablished - False - I've had this account since 2001, never a late payment. Havent opened a cc since sept 2006.

Number of accounts delinquent - False - I have no delinquent accounts what so ever and out of 30 plus accounts only on late payment to Capital One on Sep 2003

To many recent credit checks - On EX 0 in the last year, 2 in the last 2 years.....

Oh well....I wasnt going to use it anyway, I am just trying to get my util down a little.

Message Edited by Want2BDebtFreeNow on 07-29-2009 11:12 PM
As of 11/14/2012 EQ: 672

5 inqs in the last year - October 25, 2012, July 05, 2012, July 03, 2012, June 18, 2012, February 16, 2012

(Report reads them as 3) Your applications for credit in the past year
3 inquiries

Last account opened June 2012

Average age of your accounts
6 years

Number of your accounts with a missed payment
0 accounts

Ratio of your revolving balances to your credit limits
82% (Ouch)
Message 4 of 7
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

You swore of Amex for FR on your 3 accounts and closed them. Then, you wanted to sockdrawer Amex and attempted to reopen them, and then you got a business card (if I remember correctly).

And now you're trying to get yet another Amex card? Didn't you PC to a Platinum business card too? 

I could have sworn you hated Amex.:smileytongue: 

Here we go again...
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You definitely have a love/hate relationship with AMEX!!
Message 6 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Honestly, I was bored and wanted to see what the response I would get to ask them to give me Plum card back. I could not help lauging my self at the reason they gave me. Yes, I did get the Business Gold and Upgraded it to Business Platinum. I use it to pay for CreditSecure. I really miss having the CreditSecure more than Amex. I have very good cards and tradelines for both business and personal and do not need any other cards. I have to admit, I am guilty of bored and pressed the app button.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.